1938 Pickup

I've run across a '38 pickup for sale which a friend,who knows a little about the truck, says has a '48 engine (I haven't had the opportunity to look under the hood). In any event, before I become too serious about this truck, are body/interior parts hard to find? Have a lot of parts been reproduced? How about adding more modern features like back-up lights - are there things like that that can be put on a '38 pickup? Any web sires you could suggest? Thanks!

Mike ( snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com)

Reply to
tbirder

Check out Joe Smith and Dennis Carpenter just for starters. I think you will be able to find pretty much anything you need in repro if your wallet can handle it. I've been working with my BIL on his '41. The only problem we've had is financial. You should also pick up a copy of Hemmings Motor News at a good book store. It is published monthly and, you can find a copy in many libraries.

Good luck

Lugnut

Reply to
lugnut

Hey! Spikey Likes IT!

1965 Ford Mustang fastback 2+2 A Code 289 C4 Trac-Lok Vintage Burgundy w/Black Standard Interior Vintage 40 Wheels 16X8" w/BF Goodrich Comp T/A Radial 225/50ZR16
Reply to
Spike

Reply to
Seller