2002 ford ranger 4x4 4wd noise when turned

when i engage the 4wd the front had a loud grinding and popping noise when i turn the dealer said its normal but i beg to differ

Reply to
Gregory

Nope thats normal. If you want something quality, you shouldn't have bought a ford. Toyota and Nissan don't do it. I had my buddies toyota out one time and didn't even hear it engage.. thought it was broken cause i didn't hear the big clunk of my ford.

I've put more goddamn shift motors in my 4wd............. CHRIST

Wish ford would put the 4x4 on the floor where it belongs, not on a button

Reply to
Picasso

i like american cars but the button thing is pretty dumb because a shifter is better

Reply to
Gregory

and a shifter is better because...........??

Reply to
Jim Warman

Reply to
Gregory

Because it doesn't involve a jesus shift motor. I've seen them freeze up more than once, or just plain die.

Reply to
Picasso