85 ford tempo radio wiring

yes, you read that right. 85 tempo. i pulled it out of storage cause our other car is having too many issues. as a project yesterday i pulled a cd player out of the closet and decided i was gonna wire it up. BUT! whoever installed the poineer cassette player back in the day was a little too happy with wire cutters! i bought it used in 90 or 91 so i've never so much as touched the wiring of the radio before.

i can't find a wiring diagram or colors or anything! is there someone who can let me know what's what? i need to know colors, etc.

the cassette player that was in there worked fine previously.

Reply to
wijja

Try asking on rec.audio.car. You might also be able to find some diagram info at crutchfield.com.

Reply to
I. Care
1985 Ford Tempo Stereo Information Constant 12V+ Light Green Switched 12V+ Yellow/Black Ground Chassis Illumination Blue/Red Dimmer n/a Antenna Trigger n/a Antenna Right Front Front Speakers 3 1/2" Dash Left Front (+) Green Left Front (-) Black/White Right Front (+) White/Red Right Front (-) Black/White Rear Speakers 6" x 9" Rear Deck Left Rear (+) Pink/Red Left Rear (-) Pink/Blue Right Rear (+) Pink/Blue Right Rear (-) Green/Red

anon