Rover 75 Philips head unit wiring

Does anybody know how I can wire up two aux inputs (phono / RCA) to the interface behind my Philips Harmony head unit (Rover 75)?

I want to keep the look of the dashboard with the original stereo, but I want to hook up my MP3 player in-place of my CD autochanger. I guess that the Auto-changer connector on the head unit has the necessary wiring in it somewhere to receive L/R audio from the autochanger (maybe?).

I saw an accessory on a web site for £50 that sounded like it did the job, but this sounded a bit excessive if it is was something I could wire myself.

Does anybody know the wiring for such a project? maybe have a pin diagram or some advice?

Many thanks in advance.

Doug.

Reply to
news.xtreme.pipex.net

I saw an X-type with a front headlight out today.

So there!

ken

Reply to
Ken Forrest

Hey Ken, nothing unusual about a Ford Mondeo with a lamp out, even one with 'Jaguar' body kits on... :)

Reply to
RacingFan

Yes, it can be done - as you rightly guessed, amongst other things the changer has audio line outputs feeding directly into the head unit. Unfortunately I don't know which pins (you may be able to work that out by taking the changer apart).

An easier solution would be to buy an FM modulater from somewhere like Maplin. This sits between the car ariel and the ariel input on the head unit and injects an audio source on a certain frequency. For example, you'd plug your MP3 player into the modulator and tune your radio to something like 107.5FM to listen to it.

Darren

Reply to
Darren Jarvis