92 Taurus Trans question

I have a 92 GL 3.0 with 85,000 miles. The car belonged to my dad up until two years ago. The car was serviced regularly as per Ford schedule. The exception being transmission service. The transmission has never received any service and I am debating weather or not to change the fluid and filter. The trans is not giving me any problem or acting funny, and the fluid looks and smells fine.

What are the pros and cons of doing the service at this point.

Thanks Double Tap

Reply to
DBL Tap

just do it .... new fluid is good... just do research and replace with the proper fluid ... soem shops just due regular dexron which requires sdditives and stuff... make sure you get the stuff called for by ford

Reply to
fireater

there are no cons to doing this! it will help your trans. greatly if you do this.if you don't the fluid will start to break down and the clutches in the trans will start to burn. this leads to having the trans. rebiult

Reply to
79ford