99 Windstar ABS light and No overdrive off light

On my 99 Windstar the OVERDRIVE OFF Light wont come on and I have replaced the switch in the stem but still no light. I had it checked at a tranny shop with the code reader and they said it checked out fine,shiftingin range and all. What gives? Also the ABS light on the dash comes on on itermittinly then goes out when i shut it off .Help would be greatly appreciated... Mark in Kansas City

Reply to
MARK

Is it possible the bulb that lights up OVERDRIVE OFF has gone out? It is a huge pain to replace some of bulbs in the hard to reach locations, I still can't figure out how to remove my dashboard to replace a burned out bulb for engine temp and fuel level (two things probably more important that speed).

Reply to
jhavelka

One of my windstar instrument cluster bulbs burned out a couple of years ago. I tried replacing it the old way (from below and behind). Unable to. Asked my mechanic. He said that the cluster needed to be removed from the front (complicated involving the steering columm) and that it would be 2-3 hours labor. The couple of times he has done it he replaces all the bulbs since the parts cost if 1% of the labor cost.

Howard

Reply to
Howard Nelson

Reply to