Best Rated threads in General Ford Forumshow all threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

1996 Escort - OBD-II code: P0440
Hi, I have a 1996 Ford Escort which has been developing a problem recently. Every once in a while, when I am idling at a stop sign or traffic light, or going in reverse slowly, the engine will cough...
6
6

82 Ford Econoline fuel pump location
Hi Can anyone help me with the location of the fuel pump for a 82 E350 8 cylinder 5.8 engine Thanks
1
1

2003 Ford Windstar - Code P1406
We have a 2003 Windstar/3.8L v6/auto and the check engine light came on. The only code that came up was the P1406 (Differential Pressure Feedback Electronic Sensor circuit Downstream Hose). Any ideas...
1
1

3.8, high idle on start when warm?
We have a 2002 Windstar with the 3.8, 80K miles. What would cause it to high idle on start even when warm? When started it will idle at 1700rpm, then after 2 minutes, drop to 1100, and then another...

Electric Speedometer?
My 99 Taurus speedometer stops reading intermittently...are these electric? Any idea how to fix? Thanks
2
2

High idle speed: '94 T-Bird with V6 3.8L
My '94 Thunderbird (3.8L V6) has a problem with idle speed -- once the engine is warm, and in neutral, it will idle anywhere between about 1500 rpm and 2000 rpm. Idle speed in D is normal...
1
1

Ford Focus Technical Service Bulletins for oil burning smell
I have a 2001 Ford Focus ZX3 that has the infamous "burning oil smell". I've looked into it a little and tracked down these three technical service bulletin summaries that address the problem. Does...
1
1

fiesta mk4 wing mirror, easy to re-attach ??
Some other car seems to have brushed along side mine today, and dislodged the driver side wing mirror. The main part of mirror housing, complete with unbroken mirror, is now hanging sadly by the 3...

Can I remove the AC compressor permanently.
I have a 1994 Taurus LX V6 3.8 Liter Engine with a bad AC compressor. With the compressor unplugged it is smoking the serpentine belt. (compressor is freezing up). Is it possible to remove the AC...
6
6

2003 Taurus radiator drain
I am going to flush the cooling system on my 2003 taurus, but I am having trouble locating the drain plug for the radiator. There is is located? Any help is appreciated. Thanks

Brake and Fuel line size 93 Crown vic
Hello, I have to replace the brake and fuel lines on a 93 CV from the engine compartment back to the differential. The fuel line seems to be 5/16 of an inch. I cut a piece out to put a rubber hose in...
1
1

94 ford ranger, 4 cyl, distributorless, won't start
Originally, vehicle missed under load. Discovered no spark to 1 cylinder Replaced Ignition control module (ICM). Now vehicle won't start, cranks, but won't start Re-installed original ICM, vehicle...
1
1

Audio problems.. No sound from my speakers!! help!
Ok.. I hooked up an Amp in my Ford Taurus, to the factory radio.. Worked perfect.. My boyfriend (Whom doesnt know anything about electricity..) Decides to touch a speaker that is connected to the amp,...
16
16

Engine hunting while aircon is switched on
Hi my dad has got a 1998 Ford Cougar 2.5 V6 and when the aircon is switched on the engine starts to hunt between 750 - 1100 RPM and continues to hunt while driving until about 2000 RPM giving a jerky...
3
3

Phil Edmonstons Lemon-aid Guide for used trucks and 4x4's
The Explorer got quite the write-up in Phil Edmonstons Guide. For those unfamiliar, Phil Edmonston has been writing these annual guides to buying cars for many years and is known to "pull no punches"...
6
6

Should I use 5W-20?
I have recently purchased a new 2006 Ford Escape Hybrid. The owners manuel recommends using 5W-20 Synthetic oil. I have been reading online articles that explain that 5W-20 is recommended to keep CAFE...
21
21

93 Ford Escort Won't Start
Hiya guys, sorry to bother you, but I'm a girl on my own and worried I am going to get ripped off by the garage. Car (93 Ford Escort Lx 1.4) just wouldn't start when i put my key in, had been fine the...
13
13

accidentally added 1 quart type F to a trans requiring mercon 5
Hi, Last week I had the transmission fluid changed in my 2001 Windstar at a quickie lube place. Like a dummy I didn't check to sure that the level was correct. I traveled to a remote area and the...
7
7

IAC stuck shut causes 'lean' DTC?
I subscribed to the AUTOTAP newsletter because I thought there might be a gem here and there... well the last one certainly was! Or rather a headscratcher: QUOTE "Recently the check engine light came...
4
4

92 Escort Speedometer cable
Hi, I'm trying to remove the instrument cluster to replace some dead bulbs, but just can't get the darn speedometer cable to unhook. I've heard lots to vague descriptions that usually go "reach behind...
6
6