Ford Taurus just quit

I have a 1994 ford taurus gl sedan. The other day, while I was driving, it just quit without any warning at all. I pulled over to try to restart it, but it would not start. When I try to start it, it turns but will not start. The guy that towed it for me said he guesses that it is either the fuel pump, or the timing. Could one of his guesses be right, or could it be something else.

Thanks for the help.

Reply to
Sam

could be that or maybe one of ten others...

do you hear the fuel pump when you turn key to on?

did you hit a large bump at that time?

Reply to
Backyard Mechanic

Best guess: TFI module on distributor. Do you have ANY spark?

Buy the special thin wall socket tool, buy the part, put the heat sink compound on the back and slide it in.

Bob

Reply to
Bob Urz

If it isn't the TFI module, check the crank sensor.

Reply to
GMach3

My brother looked at it, and and said that it is the timing chain.

Reply to
Sam