Question about installing stereo

Hello, i just purchased a '96 Ford Escort LX 1.9L station wagon, and I noticed it only has an am/fm radio in it. How hard is it to install a CD stereo in this car?, and also which CD stereo would be a good one to go with?. I am a tight budget, so I really can't afford to get something really expensive although I do want one with good quality. Also I noticed that the radio antenna is a power one. Although I don't really think it works as far as the power part goes, you have to pull the antenna part out all the way to get good reception by hand. The car is in really good shape except for the front bumper which is cracked, but other than that it seems to run fine. I bought this at a dealer for $1,400.00 and it has 100K miles on it. Did I get a good deal?. What are your thoughts?

Chris~

Reply to
Chris

Let's see.. go to a car audio place.. pick out the one ya want. and that one will work with your car.

Chuck

Reply to
Zex0s

Chris opined in news: snipped-for-privacy@posting.google.com:

Probably a normal deal.

Just shop around. DO NOT try to save money by wiring your new stereo directly into the Ford wiring. Buy a Harness adapter.

Better yet, - since you only need "good" - go to Ebay and look for factory CD/stereo.

All you have to do is look at the seller's feedback and make sure he's got a very good track record

Reply to
Backyard Mechanic

Chris,

Check out

for a list of car stereos you want to install in your car that will fit perfectly in your car. Crutchfield has knowledgeable technicians who can locate a stereo and speakers that fit perfectly in your car. You don't have to bother going to Circuit City or Best Buy to have your stereo installed. Crutchfield provides a do-it-yourself kit with easy to follow instruction sheets and propper instalation tools. They also provide harness fasteners that will fit perfectly in your car wiring harness. You won't have to worry about damaging the wiring in your car. I urge you to check the above website out. They are far the best electronics megastore in the whole country. Also, request a FREE catalog from them in the mail.

~CyberWolf

Reply to
CyberWolf

You might also post your question on rec.audio.car.

I.Care

Reply to
I. Care

Reply to