Replace battery in key?

Hi all. I'm in need of help. My girlfriend has a Ford Escort LX 1.6 16v Kreg car. We found out by accident that the boot seems to be alarmed. We are not sure how much else of the car is protected by this alarm. I have looked around for more info.but still need more help. Her key has a button on it. Tried pressing and pointing at the car but nothing happens. I thought it just may be a light on the key to help find the key hole in the dark. But after hearing this alarm from unlocking the boot maybe its not. I have tried to open the key to replace the battery,but didn't want to use much force on fear of breaking it. Can anyone help me here? I have the information on reprogramming the key(if it alarmed by the key)but need to see if the battery is dead or not. How can I open up the ford key without forcing it? Any help will be appreciated.

-- Thank you. PJ ;-)

Reply to
PJ

Have you tried putting the key into the ignition switch, and turning it to either ACC or ON positions?

This usually turns off most factory alarms.

Chuck Burns

Reply to
Zex0s