timingbelt galaxy

hi all,

My Galaxy has only 65.000km and my dealer advises me to change the timing belt, not because of the milleage but because the car is 6 years old. Should I follow his advise?

regards, Marc

Reply to
iridek1

thats a new one. usually its every 60,000 miles. km your on your own. I don't think you need to worry about 6 years.

Reply to
ShoeSalesman

rule of thumb for all cars with timing belts 100,000km or 5 yeaRS whichever comes first

Reply to
fireater