88 f150 pu wont start

i just got this truck because the owner gave up on it , it will run for 5 to 10 min. and then shut off due to no spark !! i replaced the distributer module . same thing , i replaced the coil the same thing , i replaced the distributer module again just in case i got a bad one the same thing , after 5 to 10 min. it shuts off and wont start again until the next morning,, any suguestions ??? im not getting any trouble codes !! could it still be the computer??

Reply to
robert.armstrong

On Thu, 31 May 2007 02:10:58 -0700, robert.armstrong rearranged some electrons to form:

Can you flash out any trouble codes?

Reply to
David M

i have not tried that yet, can you remind me how to do that ?

Reply to
robert.armstrong

Do you know for sure there is no spark? If that is the case, then I'd suspect there is a thermal overload protector somewhere in the electrical system. Once everything cools the thermal overload resets itself. Some electrical detective work will be needed.

I don't know if Ford uses this, but some manufacturers use the oil pressure sensor as an engine protection by controling the gas delivery system. If it detects low oil pressure, it kills the circuit to the gas delivery system thereby protecting the engine from harm. Once everything cools, the gas delivery system is enabled again.

Just trying to help.....

Dave

Reply to
putt

If it's a Duraspark system, (grey aluminum/pot metal looking box) it needs a new control module. They're not expensive.

Spdloader

Reply to
Spdloader

On Thu, 31 May 2007 02:40:10 -0700, robert.armstrong rearranged some electrons to form:

There is a disgnostic connector on the driver's side fender. Google: "Ford EEC-IV diagnostic connector" should provide you with the information you're looking for.

Reply to
David M

On Fri, 01 Jun 2007 07:02:08 -0400, David M rearranged some electrons to form:

That is, a "diagnostic" connector.

Reply to
David M