WD40

WD40 worked for me, thank goodness. I'm probably going to have to look for some heavier lubricants if the problem comes back.

Reply to
cgergen

snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com has brought this to us :

It's not an inhalant, dude ... and, you definately don't want to be huffing 30 weight.

Reply to
Dan S.

???

If you expect WD40 to lubricate anything, the problem will most certainly come back.

WD40 works okay to free sticky mechanisms, but when it dries, it gets sticky and gums up the mechanism again.

I once received a free laser printer that was on its way to the dumpster, all I had to do to make it work again was clean the WD40 from one of the gears. I repaired two or three more of the same printer that had the same future as dumpster liners. It seems one of the many repair technicians had "oiled" the drive train of these printers with WD40. When the oil had dried and the gears stuck to the shaft, the printers became inoperative, and were sent to a dark corner of the store room before the trip to the dumpster was ordered. I asked if I could have one because I thought I could fix it. They said that if I could fix all of them, I could have one. As I recall, it took about an hour for the first one, and 15 minutes for each of the others.

Bottom line, if you need to free something that was stuck, WD40 is okay to use, but you have to get the WD40 out and replace it with the proper lubricant if you really want stuff to work right.

PS WD40 is wonderful for removing glue ...

Reply to
Jeff Strickland

[...]

newman

I like petroleum products better than spray stuff. But, it really depends on what needs to be lubricated.

Reply to
Jeff Strickland