94 F150 transmission problem

when vehicle shifts gears there is hard thump as if that it has stayed between gears to long and let engine rev to much.One place says there is an electronic sensor that needs to be replaced.The Ford dealership says there is a valve in the valve body sticking.Also will shift smoothly if I let off gas. Any ideas or suggestions would be appreciated. thanks hlb

Reply to
HL B123

My guess is Ford could be right. If you don't believe Ford, go to a good trany shop and have them check

Reply to
Ralph E Lindberg

Ford is most likely right. Either a valve or a small spring in the valvebody.

Reply to
djdave

thanks for the suggestions originally I had a transmission shop check it but was not comfortable with them .Then went to Ford and they flushed transmission and suggested driving 200 miles and then checking the valves,have driven about 50 miles and is shifting much smoother.I almost allways use ford for both trucks ,was wanting some extra input that I was going right. Will continue to read this site for other tips thanks hlb

Reply to
HL B123

The Ford E-4-OD trans is very tempermental on fluid Quality as well as age of the fluid. When I got certified by " ATRA' it was made perfectally clear that you should not go over 30,000 on the trans fluid with out a change and flush. The Filters seem to clog with the dirty fluid alone even with out the presence of any particulate mass. So Change your fluid regularly with a Quality Fluid and Filter and you should Get good service out of the truck.

HL B123 wrote:

Reply to
twisted wrench

Had gone pass the recommended mileage to flush the transmission ,after serviceing it is shifting better thanks for the info hlb

Reply to
HL B123