Best Rated threads in Ford Trucksshow all threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

95 bronco ABS ring removal
found i have 3.55's, got the rotor/hub off, loosened the lugs. Any help getting the abs rotor off, looks like thats my only prob. Rotor will not rmove without removing the abs rotor. Thanks in...
2
2

Soft brake pedal - to the floor - F-150
Hi folks, I'd greatly appreciate your help with my 1995 F-150, 5.8L V-8. On a recent trip, the brake pedal got lower and lower until it engaged the brakes only right at the floor. I thought it might...
14
14

Mazda B3000 Stalling on start up
I have a 1994 Mazda B 3000 (same as the ford ranger) v6 engine. It starts up fine but now that the weather is turning colder here in Atlantic Canada if you try and pull away right after start up it...
1
1

351c --> 1980 F150 ?? Will it work?
Hello, I am the recent recipient of a 71 - 73 Cougar with a 351c 2V .. I also have a 1980 F150 with a 300 inline-6 in it.. I was wondering if this f150 would be a good home for the Cleveland or if it...
16
16

1994 F150 fuel gauge problem
My fuel gauge does not work on the fron tank only. Pumps work fine both tanks, rear tank gauge works fine. Front gauge was intermittent for a few weeks, then quit entirely. Is this likely to be a loos...
12
12

Power steering gearbox seal... pressure won't blow it out
greetings- i wrestled the pitman arm off of my power steering gear, now im trying to get that seal out. The common knowledge seems to put fluid in, start the engine, and push the wheel all the way to...
1
1

96 f150 mystery stall
Ok this will be long, but I want it to be detailed, hopefully that helps someone recognize this problem. '96 F150 5.0 dual tanks, xlt supercab, 235000 miles owned since Feb, problems sinc Apr. I...
1
1

Transmission Insulation
My '92 Ranger hot inside on highway from heat comming from engine around the gearshift area. Is there an insulation kit or something I can use to stop the heat from getting into the cab??? Thanks,...
2
2

1990 F150 4x4 front suspension rebuild time.. Help?
Well, I just passed 100K on my 1990 F150 4x4. The front end is getting sloppy and is starting to develop some clunking and some of the ball-joint boots are torn, so I suppose it's time to overhaul the...
3
3

tool to adjust headlights - 2001 f150 XL/7700?
I was able to get a 4mm socket on the adjuster for the headlights, but I don't have a 1/4 drive ratchet that will fit in that tight space - is there a special tool I should be using? John
1
1

5.0L Knock Sensor
I suspect my knock sensor is the source of my "pinging" problem. My question is where is it located on a '95 5.0 L F-150?
2
2

looking for a expy center console
I see everyone looking for parts so I thought I'd throw my request out there. Trying to find a reasonably priced (key word reasonably) 99-02 grey center console. Any leads will be appreciated. I am...

98 Ranger ABS Light
Hi guys- I have a 98 Ranger 2wheel drive 3.0 auto. The ABS light and the Brake lamp come on if I step on the pedal hard even if I am not driving. The ABS will not work at all. The fluid is full, the...
9
9

'87 E150 bucking problem
Hi all, I own a '87 Ford E150 302 V8. The problem is bucking while driving mostly in warm weather at cruising speed. Had a tune-up recently, replaced EGR, plugs, fuel filter, tank diverter. No problem...
1
1

Plastic in my Oil Pan - 2000 Ranger. Any clue?
I have a 2000 ranger XLT 4X4, 3.0 Automatic. At Jiffy Lube they told me that I have some plastic in my oil pan, and they couldn't get it out. My local mechanic told me the real problem isn't that it...
5
5

What's the best locker setup for my 85 Bronco?
I have a 85 fullsize Bronco, 5.0, manual with a 9in rear end. What would be my best option to put some sort of locker in the rear end. The only purpose for this truck is to be a trail / off road rig....
9
9

2001 F150 Theft Light
Today my Theft light just came on after stopping at a parking lot. The light keeps flashing. I check the owners manual and it states that the theft system be's armed when key is in off position, it...
1
1

92 F150 5.0 Poor Idle
On cold startup it races quite high RPM. Once at operating temperature the motor will surge at idle at the traffic lights. And when the weather becomes really cold the truck will hardly idle without...
9
9

Window getting hard to roll down (99 Ranger)
Typical annoying problem: The window on my Ranger is getting harder and harder to roll down and is beginning to squeak like hell. I am beginning to realized that I have no idea how to fix it. It...
2
2

smoke from engine, Bronco II
I recently bought a 1990 Bronco II 4x4 (2.9L V6) for the winter. One of the problems it came with was a significant oil leak. I had the engine resealed by a dealer. After that, they told me their tech...
17
17