Best Rated threads in Ford Trucksshow all threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

4.9L valve cover
I need to replace my valve cover gasket. Can anyone tell me torque setting for the valve cover on a 1984 4.9L? Tightening sequence? I know if I don't get it right the first time it will start to leak...
2
2

Points gap on 272/292 Y block?
Hello I'm new here, I'm replacing the points and plugs on my '64 Ford F-100, it was hard enough finding parts, nobody seems to know the gaps to set them to. The block is 272, but it has many 292 parts...
3
3

2001 F150 & PATS theft light on?
I bought a replacement cluster for my f150, already programmed to my correct mileage and the key memory was blanked out at the vendor. They said as long as I had a key without an "S", and one or more...
4
4

stuck shift lever
i have a 1992 Ford Aerostar 4.0 and i can`t get it out of park!! i can put it into reverse by crawling under the van and pulling on the linkage but not into drive... i have been told it may have a...
4
4

Ford Chevy or Dodge 1 ton dually diesel
I am trying to decide which truck to go with and was hoping I could get some advice from the group. Are there any advantages or disadvantages to any of the diesel engines offered by the different...
5
5

2000 F350 4X4 turn switch to 4wd seems to short circuit
When the 4wd switch on the dash is turned to 4wd, the air vent switches from the dash to the floor and the automatic locking hubs don't lock. When the switch is turned to 2wd it takes a few minutes...
3
3

1995 Ranger Engine Sputtering at Startup
1995 Ranger Subercab 2WD 2.3L 4Cyl. 60,000 mi 5 speed manual Recently I’ve noticing a sputter/cough/rough engine on a cold start on my Ranger. The engine starts fine, idles fast then calms down like...

Tie rods on 96 F350 4x4
I have to replace all the tie rods on my 96 F350 4x4 Crew Cab. I rarely drive the truck off the road and never beat on it, so I'm curious if anyone has any quality issues with the tie rods available...
15
15

99 F350 Tranny fluid change questions
Hi, I have a '99 F350 V10 gas dually that I use primarily for towing my 5th wheel camper. I bought the truck 2 years ago and have put about 3000 miles on it. The odometer reads about 51,500 miles. As...
1
1

Tire chains - '04 F150
Got a question about tire chains for my new 2004 F150. The dealer had me sign a waiver from Ford advising against using chains. I have 255-70-17 " tires. I thought this was probably just posturing...
3
3

96 Explorer 5.0 - chugging along
I've purchased a 96 Explorer with 128000KM and have been experiencing a problem since the drive home that first day. When the vehicle is warm (driven for 15 - 20 minutes), I can't seem to pull away...

Recomended Motor Oil for 98 F150
I've got a '98 F150 5.4 liter with 152,000 miles on it. It's been run, by the previous owner, on Chevron Delo 400 15w40 oil for the past 40,000 miles. I've thought about changing the oil to Castrol...
5
5

Conversion of 2000 350 PSD SWD to DWD
I have a 2000 F350 4x4 PSD long bed Single Rear Wheel Drive (3.73) and I want to convert it to a Dually (DWD). What do I really need to replace? I'm thinking Bed, Rear Axle (maybe switch out for a...
5
5

1988 F150 ingition problem
When I insert the key and turn it, something isn't engaging. The electrical system works, but the engine doesn't turn. It feels like something has broken in the key assembly. How can I remove the key...
2
2

Ford Ranger 3.0L Average Lifespan???
I'm a young person in need of reasonable transportation for a descent price and I've been checking out Rangers as a probability. I've been looking specifically at different engine sizes and have heard...
3
3

E4od / Computer
Could I have a computer problem. if I dissconnect the batt the trans functions well for a trip or two then slipp again. Is there a way to test the ecm without the 150$ dealer test?
10
10

Caliper boot torn open
I took my 1993 F-250 to Midas for a brake inspection because they were squeaking, and they said both front calipers have torn boots, and that I should have them both replaced (for a hefty sum) or they...
15
15

87 f-150 rear antilock light on??
The light popped on my 87 f-150 4.9 6cylinder 2 wheel drive. Any ideas?? Thanks:)Nel
9
9

95 F150 overheats with AC on
noticed a few weeks ago that my truck would run hotter than normal (indicator above the L in normal) so i turned off my AC and the indicator went to the r~m range.... I changed my radiator fluid 50/50...
10
10

No sound out of the speakers.
Group, No sound out of the speakers. 95 F350 diesel. The radio and the CD works, can select stations, tracks, volume, balance, fade all are adjustable but no sound. I swapped the radio with another...
2
2