Best Rated threads in Ford Trucksshow all threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Synthetic Gear Lube Weight - Ford F350?
I have a 2000 24' Coachman motorhome on Ford F350 chassis. Once and a while I'll tow a small/light trailer. I want to switch to a synthetic rear axle gear lube to help with the gas mileage but don't...
8
8

'88 F250 5.8L vacuum line diagram please?
anyone have a copy of one by chance?....Thanks for any help :)
1
1

2001 F250 SD 5 speed trans fluid
I have a 2001 F250 SD gas, with 5 speed manual tranny. Both the manual and the tag on the tranny says to use " Ford part # E6AZ-19582-B MERCON SYNTHETIC ATF or equivalent. " It's the "or equivalent"...
23
23

2002 Ford Ranger 2.3L Overheating
I have an issue with my truck overheating. Basically what happens is the engine gets hot and "boils" all of the water out through the over flow tank. My truck does not have a radiator cap so you can't...
3
3

F350 Diesel Oil Change
I had the oil changed in my 2005 F350 6.0L diesel a month ago. I had it done at Sears because I was travelling and the local Ford dealer couldn't do it for 4 days. I now have an oil leak coming from...
9
9

Aftermarket radio for 99 Ford Ranger / Mazda B2500
Question: I'm looking to add an aftermarket in-dash radio to my 99 Mazda B2500 (cosmetically identical to 99 Ford Ranger), and can't find any straight answer as to what mounting my dash can handle. It...
11
11

Bedliner in 1996 Ranger: Should I Remove?
A few years ago I bought a 1996 Ranger with a black plastic bedliner that covers up all the hooks and holes. As a result, there is no way to tie anything into the back, and it makes the truck much...
6
6

1999 Mazda B2500 (Ford Ranger) revs own engine
I've got an odd problem with my 1999 Mazda B2500 (Ford Ranger under the hood), I'll post as much information about it as I can and see if it makes sense in the end. About two months ago, I had the...
12
12

camber change when backing up
Howdy, I've got an 88 F250 4x4 with the independent front axle. When I back up the wheels tilt out at the bottom with massive reverse camber. Driving forward straightens them out. I've jacked it up...
3
3

No compression on one cylinder
Okay, here's one for the real experts. Have a '73 Ford F250 with a 390 engine bored to about 400 with a torque cam. Did the rebuild 74,000 miles ago and truck has been a real gem. Was pulling a pretty...
33
33

97 F150 Loud Squeaking When Steering Wheel is Turned
Hey, My '97 F150 makes a loud sqeuaking noise when the steering wheel is turned. Without looking at it, a mechanic friend said it may in the rack & pinion. My dad thinks its in the steering column....
8
8

96 5.0 Bronco ticking at idle
I have a strange ticking sound at idle, I don't think its the valves for I just replaced the cam and every thing visually looked great. Besides the noise seems to disappear once I'm off ideal but...
13
13

Ranger airbag code 25
I have a 98 Ranger blinking airbag code 25. I understand that that message indicates that there is a Pass Air Bag Deactivation (PAD) Switch Fault. My question is: with this fault, is my passenger...
3
3

Parking Brake Adjustment
I have a 2002 Winnebago Adventurer 35U motorhome on a 2002 Ford F-Superduty Class A motorhome chassis(F53). The parking brake has gradually gotten to the point where it has to be pushed to its extreme...
12
12

1977 ford f250 400 v8 ignition timing
Can someone tell me what the correct ignition timing is for my truck. I have read that its 4 btdc and 6, 8, 12, and 14. I have a 600 holley 4 barrel on it. Thanks, jimmy
3
3

need smoother ride on e350 w/ triton v10
I'm bouncing all over in my E350 extended, mostly hauling kids. How is one supposed to make a 'taxi' service with a van that you can't even hold a cup of coffee in without spilling?! If I replace the...
25
25

Reading pre 1981 Vin numbers
Anyone here who can help me interpret a 1979 F350 VIN number? Literally every web site I've dug up about reading VINs refers to 1981 and later only. Typing a 1979 VIN in gets an error message of...
15
15

Re: What is a Serpentine Valve?
Probably said serpentine BELT. It drives the alternator, power steering pump and air conditioner compressor. It should last longer than 20, 000 miles. Get another opinion. Frank
7
7

9.00x16 military tires (NDT)
Does anyone know if these tires will fit on a stock '86 F-250? Since this is a "wood getting truck", a little rubbing at the front in turns is not a huge issue. Thanks for any help!
3
3

93 Ranger 4L A4LD transmission hesitates..vacuum?
At a stop, I have to rev my engine either in neutral and shift into drive to get the tranny to engage, or rev it in drive and try to let off the gas before it slams into 1st. Then it misses the shift...
5
5