Best Rated threads in Ford Trucksshow all threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

F150 Temperature Gauge Problem
1995 Ford F150 6 cylinder 4.9L My temperature gauge on the dash has been stuck on COLD for about a year. The heater produces hot air no problem. I changed the thermostat anyway, but it didn't make any...
9
9

F150 rear end gear recommendation?
Hello again I've been told by several people to consider changing the rear end gear on my 2wd '86 F150 when I do all the refurbish. It has the 4.9L 6 cyl, but hoping to drop a free 351m400 in it at...
26
26

'86 F150 Major Update/fix-up
Hello I'm not normally on this NG, but I have some questions I'd like to ask folks who know more than me about this type of stuff. I have an '86 F150 with the 4.9L straight 6 and 4 on the floor...
12
12

Replacing Fuel Pressure Regulator (FPR) on 1999 3.0 Ranger =:O
McTruck: 1999 Ranger 4x4 Supercab XL "Sport" 3.0L Flex-Fuel 5- spd. (low use, only 32K mi.) Symptoms: engine coughs and dies a couple times, then dies for good. (Many tanks ago, made the mistake of...
10
10

Fords suck!!!
Fords Suck. Chevy's rock
11
11

Exhaust system leather strap?
I bought a 1995 Ford Ranger about a year and a half ago. The exhaust system had a rust hole in it so the dealer had the muffler, exhaust piping and (I think) the catalytic converter replaced. Since...
2
2

1981 f150 460 swap?
Looking throught the classifieds today i found a 1981 f150 step side 4x4 with 400 4spd. the truck has a bad clutch and needs a new one. i know that the 400 and the 460 use the same transmission, but...
2
2

2000 Ford Ranger -- Starts up then dies...HELP ME SOLVE THIS PUZZLE!!
My 2000 Ford Ranger with 62k miles starts up if I let it sit for a while, then it starts to sound real mufflie after about a minute at which point it bogs down and dies. Then, it usually won't start...
6
6

Still need help with dome light on Expedition
My dome light(s) no workie. They work fine with the ceiling switches but don't come on when I open the door-any door. I'm wondering if the dome light has a relay and it's location. Since the problem...
14
14

1995 Bronco TPS fault
I have a 1995 Bronco, 5.8L. About this time last year it started having a problem with the idle, it would get stuck high or seek idle between a couple of values. It was very intermittent. When it was...
10
10

F150 oil pan - ok to sand and paint?
Hello all, One of the first things I noted about my then future truck was a lot of rust on the oil pan. I have since read that rusting through the pan is a common problem. Is there any reason to not...
10
10

1987 F-150 weak spark
I have 1987 F-150 V-8. The engine began to lose power, even when pushing more on the accelerator. The spark appears to be weak. Any ideas? I've replaced the coil, and checked the fuel flow from the...
2
2

Transmission
Hey all....I own a 2004 F150 Lariet Supercrew. I bought it new with 3 miles on the odometer. It has 24K on it and it's still under warranty. I don't know if this is a known issue or it's normal. My...
3
3

98 Mazda B4000 5spd stumble / engine balance
129K miles check engine diagnosed by local Mazda as miss fire on cylinder #1. I replaced fuel filter, MAF (junk yard), 4 plugs out of 6 replaced (other two this week due to angle), replace all spark...

Sudden involuntary acceleration Ford f-150
I have a new 2006 f 150 with the triton engine. Sitting in a traffic jam with my foot on the BRAKE the truck for no reason accelerated out of control. The power was more force than the brake could...
9
9

1998 ford explorer engine squeak/chirp
Hi all, I have been chasing this noise for a couple of months now, I found this Topic from 2002 today by Mike Mayer, and his description is Identical to my problem (See below). Has any one else run...
4
4

Rebuild 87 ford 302 EFI now runs very rich
I just rebuild my ford pickup motor that is a 1987 ford 302 EFI Mostly stock But a comp cam and headers now it is very rich I can't seem to find any probloms tested vacuum lines and I have tested a...
9
9

97 Mazda B4000 transmission question
97 Mazda B4000 truck, 4.0L V-6, 4WD, 5-speed. Bought the truck in January, used with 89,000 miles. After driving it for a month or so, I found that after driving it for 20-25 miles, the transmission...
4
4

F-150 Overdrive Clunk
Hello - I have a 2004 F-150 4-wheel drive truck. It has recently started to make a clunking noise accompanied with a vibration right around 46 miles per hour, about where it would shift into over...
4
4

95 Bronco Check Engine Light
I just bought an Eddie Bauer Bronco and have piled on 200 miles already. The Check light came on this evening -- argh -- but it goes out if the key is swtiched OFF then ON, and driving is normal. The...
18
18