HELP! '82 F-100 gas filler door won't

stay closed. I have two gastanks on my longbed, and only use the front one. Up 'til the other day, both doors (where you put the gas in) slammed with authority. I washed the truck, and opened both gas filler doors to shoot water on the gas caps. The next day, I noticed the front one wide open. I put my hand in both doors, and feel no parts missing. The rear door closes fine, but not the front. It's as if there's a spring missing. The truck is cream white, so I'm using masking tape to hold the door shut, but when I fill up, I have to tear the tape off and replace it when I'm done... This doesn't go over well with bystanders (who cares?), and cops are going to wonder and look - I have insurance, but hate being stopped... Come spring, I'm getting the rear gas tank done, a stereo for it, a seatcover from Wal-Mart, a windshield, some window rubber, and tires, new - not USED! :+) can you tell I'm poor? I'm even treating it to some sanding and then Maaco! I love this truck, but no one can figure out why the gas door won't stay shut... maybe I should get a strong magnet, or put a lock on it? seriously, does anyone know if there's a spring that's supposed to be up in there? THANKS!! Paul snipped-for-privacy@earthlink.net

Reply to
paulmbedard

lmnop

hey thanks - good idea...I'll crawl around under and look tomorrow, and mebbe do just that!! :+) paul

Reply to
paulmbedard