Re: My V-10 kicks enviromentalist butt!

They're "worth" what they can get, just like anyone else. What they need to be is more accountable to the shareholders.

Reply to
scrape at mindspring dot com

message

Yeah, that can be a problem. Once a company goes public it tends to be all bottom-line, and not about the people. Owing to the fact that in Mass when a company gets over 39 employees, the merely ridiculous laws become absolutely ludicrous, I have tended to make more companies rather than larger ones. As a bonus, this does tend to keep me more in touch with my workers and able treat them better. Of course it helps that my employees are superior people, and worthy of all the respect I can lavish on them.

-- "Democracy is two wolves and a sheep voting on what to have for dinner"

Reply to
Papa Smurf

"John Hinckley" wrote in message news:Vl4Oa.2198$7e.2064@fed1read07...

Is the umemployment rate above 50%? I didn't think so. Most people have jobs, like I said...

Reply to
Paul Jensen

You've said nothing and made no salient point. Typical Rushbo shill. All ass & gas. However, if things keep to their current course under the Bush junta, we could be looking at a real unemployment rate near 20% by 2004. Certainly nothing the Washington man-child has done will make things better. Voodoo economics from a voodoo pResident. And about those jobs; real income is equal to about 1979......... Gotta love right to work and union busting Pubicans

Reply to
Barry White

: > : > > %%%% Yes it does. You need to be able to do more than just glue : > widgets : > : > > together or run a column of figures. : > : > >

: > : >

: > : >

: > : > Oh tell that to the thousands of degreed professionals who are now : > : jobless. Is absolute : > : > zero the temperature of your heart? : > : >

: > : > (BTW we don't have any widget jobs anymore; just Wart Mart greeters) : > : : > %%%% Is being a degreed professional all that they know or is it all they : > are willing to do? I've pumped gas at a service station and flipped burgers : > with a degree because the money I was getting was more than I would receive : > sitting on my ass feeling sorry because I didn't have the job I wanted. I : > had a family to feed and not the time to sit and whine. I guess that is the : > way I was brought up to be self reliant and not depend on others. : : : Oh I see. Pride has no place in the equation.

%%%% You can't eat pride and if your family need to be fed you need to swollow it and fiind work. The grocery store cannot tell the difference between a dollar made in the stock market from a dollar from recycling soda cans. Would you let your family go hungry because you couldn't find an executive job Barry??

: :

Reply to
David L. Moffitt

could be looking

Did a union get busted. Only union related thing I remember at all was Bush's bizarre decision to prop up the Steel Union.

-- "Democracy is two wolves and a sheep voting on what to have for dinner"

Reply to
Papa Smurf

work. Wart Mart

decade. Now we're

And yet funny, how those with a true work ethic, a sense of self-reliance, and self-determinism always seem to make it go right (even if it's by being the type of person everyone *wants* to help). Funny how none of the people that I've ever admired (and that's a fairly good sized group) have ever been in that 6.4%. Sure some have been with out jobs for a bit, but they had planned ahead to be able to get by, and quickly found or created work becuase they are people that solve problems themselves.

-- "Democracy is two wolves and a sheep voting on what to have for dinner"

Reply to
Papa Smurf

Julian,

I just wanted to say again what a pleasure it has been conversing with you these last couple of days. Now though it is time buckle down once again and refocus my energies on the companies, but hopefully I will have time to pick your brain again one day soon. It has been a very nice diversion.

Garth

Reply to
Papa Smurf

The Pubicans have been union busting since Death Valley Daze RayGun busted PATCO

Reply to
Barry White

"Papa Smurf" wrote in message news:yJrOa.243$ snipped-for-privacy@nwrdny03.gnilink.net...

Not only do I know people who have been part of that 6.4% (more about that in a minute), but I also know people who have lost their businesses because people aren't buying things any more. The local Wart Mart, Target (K-Mart folded) and others have noticeably less traffic. Don't forget last Xmas season was the worst in I forget how many years. The actual unemployment rate was around 10%; since this latest increase it has gone up for sure. The exact amount I have not seen yet. By actual or "real" that counts all people who are not counted in the 6.4%; the government naturally wants to soft peddle how bad things really are.

I can excuse the right-wing butt gas from people here who say that people who have been out of work that long are lazy. That's exactly what it is: butt gas. Sure, someone wants to trade in a $45,000 job for $200 a week. That makes a hell of a lot of sense. But when white trash like Don Nickles, Chuck (Gr)ASSley or other Pubican hacks, all of whom haven't put in a week's worth of work in their life, mouth this same b.s., then I say it's time for that revolution that the founding fathers said we were obligated to have (you know, where when, according to the f.f., our government becomes unresponsive then it's time to tear it down and build a new one). I have a chain saw and lots of guns. When can we start?

Reply to
Barry White

: > > %%%% You can't eat pride and if your family need to be fed you need to : > > swollow it and fiind work. The grocery store cannot tell the difference : > > between a dollar made in the stock market from a dollar from recycling : soda : > > cans. Would you let your family go hungry because you couldn't find an : > > executive job Barry?? : > >

: >

: >

: > No it's what do you do when there are no jobs? Being self reliant doesn't : have a damn : > thing to do with it. There are 1.7 million people out there who can't find : work. Wart Mart : > isn't going to offer someone with two degrees a job as a greeter. Even if : they do, try : > supporting a family on $8 an hour (you'll love the medical benefits too). : >

: > This country has been pushing towards a service based economy for over a : decade. Now we're : > stuck with it. A giant third world country.... : : : And yet funny, how those with a true work ethic, a sense of self-reliance, : and self-determinism always seem to make it go right (even if it's by being : the type of person everyone *wants* to help). Funny how none of the people : that I've ever admired (and that's a fairly good sized group) have ever been : in that 6.4%. Sure some have been with out jobs for a bit, but they had : planned ahead to be able to get by, and quickly found or created work : becuase they are people that solve problems themselves.

%%%% They have no concept of what being self reliant is. I have 6 months of food stored and 6 months of money to pay bills set aside for any hard times of mine or close family members. If it even snows hard and the roads are blocked I don't need to go to the store for anything for a long time.

: -- : "Democracy is two wolves and a sheep voting on what to have for dinner" : :

Reply to
David L. Moffitt

Perhaps you should look at the NG's that this was posted to. You would see that it is nothing more then an attempt at cross-posted spam but the conversation has become interesting.

Reply to
Tbone

educated snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com (Educated Republican) wrote in :

Given the poster's alias and the general tone of the post, I have just one word: TROLL!

Reply to
Jim J

Ya. He sure hit everybody.

: > Gees. I can't believe the philosophical discussion you created. This is : > supposed to be a problem forum, I thought. However, I also like my V10. : >

: > Signed, a MELLOWED independent. : >

: >

: >

: >

: :

Reply to
Mellowed

Congratulations. Your understanding and compassion is remarkable. The fact is YOU are stuck with it as well (unless you live in another country). This country is sliding downhill. Wages, benefits & overall quality of life are sliding downward. If you think that DOES NOT affect you, then kindly remove the blinders.

Reply to
Barry White

What a crock. And what do you do on the seventh month? Ask your gawd for loaves of bread?

Reply to
Barry White

: > : > %%%% You can't eat pride and if your family need to be fed you need to : > : > swollow it and fiind work. The grocery store cannot tell the difference : > : > between a dollar made in the stock market from a dollar from recycling : > soda : > : > cans. Would you let your family go hungry because you couldn't find an : > : > executive job Barry?? : > : >

: > : : > : : > : No it's what do you do when there are no jobs? Being self reliant doesn't : > have a damn : > : thing to do with it. There are 1.7 million people out there who can't find : > work. Wart Mart : > : isn't going to offer someone with two degrees a job as a greeter. Even if : > they do, try : > : supporting a family on $8 an hour (you'll love the medical benefits too). : >

: > %%%% $8 an hour is more money than $0. You must be one of those people : > without any skills. I have many to keep me employed from pumping gas, : > farming, welding, carpenter to medicine with a few odd skills pitched in. : > : : > : This country has been pushing towards a service based economy for over a : > decade. Now we're : > : stuck with it. A giant third world country.... : >

: > %%%% I'm not stuck with it---you are. I haven't been out of work in 30+ : > years. : >

: : Congratulations. Your understanding and compassion is remarkable. The fact is YOU are : stuck with it as well (unless you live in another country). This country is sliding : downhill. Wages, benefits & overall quality of life are sliding downward. If you think : that DOES NOT affect you, then kindly remove the blinders.

%%%% It "is" not effecting me or even my children who each have multiple skills. My quality of life continues to improve each year. My income steadily increases yearly but I must admit I had a bad year in 2002 and it only increased $10,000. Maybe you need to find a different vocation and/or new skills to survive with. As far as my compassion goes I do extensive community service including being a Boy Scouts advisor and former leader and Red Cross disaster relief worker. Your community service "is"?

: :

Reply to
David L. Moffitt

: >

: >

: >What a crock. And what do you do on the seventh month? Ask your gawd for loaves of bread? : : His method seems to be working better than yours.

%%%% He is one of those that will just sit on his ass and just whimper!!! :o)

Reply to
David L. Moffitt

Why do you need to buy water. Does it not rain where you live?

Reply to
Tbone

Perhaps if we all paid some more taxes...