speedometer odometer

i have 1993 f150 xl 4x4. my speedometer and odometer do not work. the other gages on either side of it all work. any ideas?

Reply to
tim1947

blown fuse possibly. Is your trans shifting harshly? Is your overdrive light flashing?

Reply to
Steve Barker

i checked all of my fuses. i forgot to say that earlier. every now and then the speedometer will come on and so will the odometer. but as soon as i turn off the ignition and turn it back on, it doesn't come back on. maybe a loose wire?

Reply to
tim1947

Might be related to a fairly common problem with the newer F-150 odometers.

Blackout Problem Fixed!!! - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums Good luck.

Stephen N.--->have this problem myself...

Reply to
Stephen N.