Sythetic ATF where?

So where is everyone finding Synthetic Mercon V rated ATF. Locally, all I can find is Castrol Mercon V only ATF. Mobil 1 is tri-rated, everything else is Mercon III/V rated.

Thanks Bill

Reply to
William L. Toth

Please don't flame me!!! I don't care if you buy it or not and I'll NOT sell it to you as I'm not a dealer.

I have a 02 Dodge and a 02 Chev in both I run the Amsoil ATF which is rated to be used in Dexron III, Mercon V, and Chrysler ATF+4 (along with Allison, Catepillar, Opal and others).

You should be able to get it around $6-6.50 a QT (it lists for more but some of the dealers do discount)

Good luck.

Gary

PS

an auction for some Amsoil products and it appears that he sells a lot oneBay. I've never delt with him, don't know him and am not recommending him,just offering the site as a place to contact a dealer if you don't know onein your area or you could go to
andcall the number I'm sure they can point you in the right direction. As you can probably tell I've been beat up on this before. For the most part what I've found is that very few folks disparage the products, they just don't like the way it's sold. I'm the other way, I couldn't care less how they market it (except if they are going to start calling my home or sending me spam), what I care about is the price and product, I haven't been disappointed.

Reply to
Gary

Ford dealer ?

Reply to
Gary Glaenzer

AAMCO sells a synthetic MERCON V.

Reply to
Jay

Most (if not all) of the Mercon V's are synthetic blends. Also, even though most of them say they are rated for all Mercon/Mercon V applications, Ford does not recommend using V in a tranny that calls for Mercon, such as the CD4E used in vehicles such as the Escape. Tom F.

Reply to
Tom F.