Normally Red, but beware nowadays it can be more then just color.
Current fluids types * ATF+4 - Most Dodge, Jeep, and Chrysler
* Mercon V - Most Ford, Mercury, Lincoln
* Mercon LV - Some Ford(DuratecHE),MAZDA in Europe or Asia
* Dexron VI - Most GM products, some Ford applications
* ATF-Z1 (Being phased out as of 2011) - All Honda and Acura
* ATF DW-1 - All Honda and Acura (except CVT)
* SP-III - All Hyundai, Mitsubishi and Kia (except CVT and dual
OK thanks it is just that the mustang top motor I got posted from the
states had "clear" fluid in it and there was some confusion as to what to
fill the system wirh when I installed it here in the UK ....I went for DEX
2 ATF which is red.......seems to be working OK.......