Where is the test connector on 99 Expedition

Hello all,

Would somebody happen to know where the dang test connector is on the

99 Ford Expedition and where I can get a list of what the codes mean? She is starting to experience anti-lock brake problems and I would like to see if it's throwing any codes. TIA
Reply to
Tunohs

On Sat, 25 Oct 2003 13:52:29 -0700, Tunohs rearranged some electrons to form:

Just a guess, but if the ABS light isn't on, then it probably hasn't set any codes.

Reply to
David M

David, That's just it, the light comes on every once in a while. Thanks anyway.

Tom

Reply to
Tunohs

On Sun, 26 Oct 2003 18:44:06 -0800, Tunohs rearranged some electrons to form:

Oh, I see. I'm not sure about the Expedition,

If it has the 4-wheel ABS system, the codes are captured from the OBD-II port under the drivers side of the dash (you need a scan tool).

If you have the RABS system only, I think the test connector is behind passenger side kick panel. There should be two mating halves, pull them apart and, with the ignition on, ground the wire that is orange and black, and watch the ABS light. Count the number of times it flashes, including the last flash which is a long flash. Code 16 is flashed out for "No Trouble".

I got this information from my F150 Chilton's manual. Your mileage may vary.

Reply to
David M

On Mon, 27 Oct 2003 03:05:11 +0000, David M rearranged some electrons to form:

PS, a search of

"Brakes" forum showed several ABS-related threads.

Reply to
David M