1997 century start problems

HELP!!! starter will not engage with key. all fuses and relays in box under hood check out. car starts then shuts down after direct jumping of the starter. PLEASE HELP!!!

Reply to
clamman

Well I guess I figured it out thanks to an archive search on this site. there is a gob of wires under the columm so i wiggled and jiggled them and the dxxx thing started !! Time to go and buy electrical cleaner. BYE!!!

Reply to
clamman

clamman wrote in alt.autos.gm

No, it is time to trace the wires and find the loose connection, or broken wire. Cleaning them will only make a bright and shiny loose connection or broken wire.

Reply to
Dick C

well, I've engaged the starter at least 20 times and it seems as if their is no "broken wire" or bad connection.

Reply to
clamman

clamman wrote in alt.autos.gm

Bad, or loose connections and broken wires can show up intermittantly. The conductor inside a wire can break and still make contact sometimes and sometimes not. Cleaning will not do a thing for it.

Reply to
Dick C