92 Skylark Problem

I am new to this group, looks like you guys know about cars so ill give you this one. My 92 Skylark has been giving me problems. Ran perfect for a year until I put it up for sale. Sold the car to someone who almost made it home, got off the highway and the car died. No check engine codes were present. It has been doing this for a while now. I looked the problems up and found that it might be the TCC solenoid. So i disconnected it from the transmission. Engine codes 25, 26, and 27 came up, which read "stuck in gear." This is as far as i've got. Any ideas?

Reply to
Daver

"Daver" wrote: 92 Skylark Problem

It ran perfect for a year. I sold it to someone who almost made it home, got off the highway and the car died. No check engine codes were present.

It has been doing this for a while now. I looked the problems up and found it might be the TCC solenoid, so I disconnected it from the transmission.

Engine codes 25, 26, and 27 came up, which read "stuck in gear." Any ideas? ___________________________________________

A little more info may help:

What symptoms indicate a TCC solenoid problem?

What are the actual symptoms up to, during and immediately after the car repeatedly dies?

How do you get the car started again each time?

Rodan.

Reply to
Rodan