98 Bonneville airbag codes

I have a 98 Bonneville. The airbag light stays on continually. The dealer checked it and said that it had codes 18 & 71, which requires a replacement module. Can anyone tell me what these codes are representing? Does anyone have suggestions on how I should proceed?

Thanks,

Doug

Reply to
dalewis

Shep

"Shep" wrote in news:1178285918_78089 @sp6iad.superfeed.net:

follow up question concerning OP.........how does one retrieve airbag and anti lock codes without dealers tech2?? ...........kjun

Reply to
Kjun

Reply to
dalewis