Holy Expensive EGR Valve Batman!

My buddy @ Chevy got an EGR valve sitting there for me, my cost with his discount is $276 + whatever the gasket cost he has to order. Was hoping to get a few more miles out of the original, but its acting up.

========= Harryface =========

1991 Pontiac Bonneville LE 3800 V6 ( C ), Black/Slate Grey _~_~_~296,785 miles_~_~_

~_~_~_~_U.S.A._~_~_~_~_~_

~~~The Former Fleet ~~~

Harry Face

Which car does this go on?

Reply to
noname

The car companies are having difficulty getting the price on new cars. Now even the rebates are not as effective. The vehicles just are not worth it. So they are making a concerted effort to raise prices of parts to make up for it in profit and drive buyers to replace older vehicles. You will be hearing more about this as it develops. I'm thinking of going back to a 60's ride to avoid the prices. I could have a very nice vehicle for less money.

Reply to
Al Bundy

My present car below the name

========= Harryface =========

1991 Pontiac Bonneville LE 3800 V6 ( C ), Black/Slate Grey _~_~_~296,785 miles_~_~_

~_~_~_~_U.S.A._~_~_~_~_~_

~~~The Former Fleet ~~~

Harry Face

Is that your present car, or a historical monument?

---Bob Gross---

Reply to
Robertwgross

I know it. I sold my 66 Chevy step side pickup with new 327 engine for a grand. Crap that's two months payments for the 03 LT ext cab.

Reply to
noname

Relevant news 8 years ago.

Reply to
Neil Nelson

$220 for the valve and a few bucks more for the gasket.

The PartsAmerica.com Team includes Advance Auto Parts, Checker Auto Parts, Schuck's Auto Supply, Kragen Auto Parts and CSK Auto, Inc

UNLESS you want the factory original, then it will cost you bunches more.

Eightupman

Reply to
Eightupman

Bobby G wrote Is that your present car or a historical monument?

If these parts keep failing it will be my former car !