Decision Time

thanks to Bill G in my earlier question regarding tires for my 2000 Honda accord.

I think I have narrowed down to either Michelin HYDROEDGE or BFG Traction T/A. (size 205/60R15). What have been your experience and recomendations.

I read one place that for snow it might be better to go with BFG but some sites have favored Michelin hydroedge. I also read some where that Hydroedge might have more road noise.

My preference is traction first followed by road noise.

thanks,

-B

Reply to
Beri

michelin & continental use a silica reinforced rubber vs. most others that still use carbon. the advantage of the silica reinforced compound is that it allows optimum rolling resistance to coincide with optimum wet grip, something not possible with carbon compounds where you can have wet grip /or/ low rolling resistance, but not both. it might not make a huge difference at the gas pedal, but if it a wet-safe tire saves $100 in gas over its life through lower rolling resistance, it pays for itself, right?

Reply to
jim beam

did you try

they have survey comparisons.... if you did...then I'd go with Traction T/A. if you're driving in a lot of snow, then get a snow tire. but i drive BFG in 6in-1feet snow and i'm fine. in a 2001 Accord..... Tractions have more road noise than Michelin Energy MXV4 and are stiffer. Even at 30psi.

Reply to
rocketj55

I have the Traction T/A's on my car. They work fine in snow, but once it gets really heavy (I live in northern Michigan), no all-season is going to work well. I've been very happy with the tires. I have stayed away from Michelin's. They are great tires, but seem to wear out much faster than they should (and I don't really drive all that aggressively).

Make sure you keep the T/A's inflated properly. My 225/60-15's need around

34-35 psi.

Bill G

Reply to
Bill G

Hi,

Just check with Costco for Hydroedge and they won't install the tires on my honda accord as honda recomends min H rated for 2000 accord and hydroedge are T rated... Now i am not sure if I should just forget Hydroedge tires?

Thanks,

-B

Reply to
Beri