Radio Help

You all helped me a year or so ago and I was hoping I could get a little more :-) My wife has a 2004 Accord EX with the base radio/6 CD changer. I wanted to install her IPOD into the car and someone pointed me to a fantastic site that sells a little box by car model. It plugged into the back of the radio and plugs into the bottom of the IPOD. It runs off the CDC section of the radio.

Now I would like to give her XM or Sirius radio. I was looking for the same site and I cannot remember it. I would like to add the radio as well as keep the functionality of the IPOD. Can this be done? I don't want to add the radio or change the IPOD to a wireless FM style, but have it directly plugged in. Any help or advise would be appreciated. Also, if you have any recommendations on what and where to purchase, pass them along as well! Thanks!

Reply to
Ron P

Most XM radios have a built in FM transmitter now. I have one car wired to accept a cable from the XM out to an AUX in, and in two other cars I have a 'blank' FM channel set to the XM's frequency (the freq can be changed, BTW)

I notice NO difference in sound. So, if you already have the iPod adapter, unless you buy a new box with RCA inputs and then cables for the iPod and the XM, you're better off just mounting the XM on the dash as close to the radio as possible and running it that way.

Reply to
Hachiroku

OK, thanks. I thought, as with the IPOD, the FM quality is less than best. The IPOD through an FM transmitter stinks.

Reply to
Ron P

You can start at Crutchfield's.

'Curly'

Reply to
motsco_

Yeah...I went through a lot to get the radio with the aux thinking I would get better sound, and it was no better at all.

I have a driveway next to my garage where I do my 'tinkering'; I park the car in the driveway parallel with the stereo and tune the XM through the garage radio!

Which receiver do you have? I have the rock-bottom Roady 2. I wonder if that makes a difference? I think of upgrading, but I have two power adapters and two antennas, and swap the receiver between cars. What I have won't work with a Roady XT or a Sky-Fi or anything else...

Reply to
Hachiroku