X type Sound System Connections

I want to be able to play MP3s on my personal MP3 player through the X Type single CD sound system.

Is there any way of doing this?

There don't seem to be any inputs on the unit so I was thinking of using a FM modulator to play the MP3s through the radio.

The problem with this is connecting the modulator to the aerial connection on the back of the radio, as it is not the usual car type of connection.

I have not been able to identify the type of connector used, does anyone know?

I will then be able to modify a FM modulator to suit.

I don't want to use the type of modulator that just transmits to air because of the poor sound and interference that I have experienced with them in the past.

Thanks

-- Liam

Reply to
Liam

Asolutely! It took me two long hard years to find them, but antenna lead adaptor cables are available so that you can connect an FM modulator. I'd been trying to get my XM Roady hard wired for two years when I finally happened on to a post in one of the satellite radio forums.

The parts are available from Crutchfield (crutchfield.com) and are part numbers: 40-EU10 and 40-EU20. They are manufactured by an outfit named "Metra". You will need both and they are $20 bucks each, plus shipping.

Mark '02 X-Type 2.5

Reply to
M. E. Bye

Thanks, That's just what I'm looking for.

Liam

Reply to
Liam