X300 XJR - red-line cut out?

Hello - I red-lined my X300 XJR this evening - and the throttle stopped responding for ~10 seconds!

This is highly undesireable - is it typical?

Regards

Reply to
Mugwump

You hit the PCM's rev limit, perfectly normal.

Reply to
Gerald G. McGeorge

Not necessarily. It all depends on what you're doing. And it beats the hell out of some of the alternatives ... like bent valves.

It is in all *modern* cars.

-- C.R. Krieger (Been there; redlined that)

Reply to
C.R. Krieger

Maybe I'm being naive, but isn't 'Sport Mode' supposed to sort-out when to change gear and when not to?- I wasn't using the manual gate - and 10 seconds (at least) - is that safe?

Cheers

Reply to
Mugwump

Nope, the PCM is pre-set and can't be overridden....this is both for your safety and your wallet.

Reply to
Gerald G. McGeorge