adding inches to 4 inch lift

Hello again. Finally found a dana44 rear end, and I'm having to have it rebuilt... Replacing the dana35c before it breaks. ( maybe I'll break it and send the pic to Bill) Now, I have 4.10 or 4.11 gears, whichever they are, and 33 x 12.50's I'm wanting to get 4.56 gears, for more pep. I've heard that I can even run

35's with this gearing? In that case, I have the Pro Comp 4 inch lift kit, stage 1. Whatever that means.

How much higher am I going to have to get that 4 inch lift to fit the 35's? Will a 1 inch body lift do? Or maybe the body lift and a 1 inch spring spacer? I have no idea what would be good, but I prefer something "proper".

I"m open to any and all suggestions... Thanks in advance.

Troy

Reply to
Troy

If you are going to 35's get the 4.88 gears. KH

Reply to
Kevin in San Diego

First: What do you drive??? How do you drive???

Here are my thoughts/experience, anyway:

If it's a TJ, I have one with a 4.5" RE lift and 35's. I get very minor rubbing, nothing too serious, but it does catch my attention when it happens. I_just_don't_like_body_lifts and don't feel the tall springs and the spacer lift is a good combo, so I live with it. If you don't mind the 1" body lift, go with that.

I might also menti> Hello again. Finally found a dana44 rear end, and I'm having to have it > rebuilt...

Reply to
twaldron

I assume you have a TJ. What motor/tranny? (very important for proper advise!)

My TJ has plenty of pep with my setup... a bit high RPM's at highway speed though (2750 RPM @ 70 MPH) for my taste. I would like to try a set of 35's for a day, just to see how it is then. I am pretty sure I can clear them for street riding.

Reply to
JimG

I have an 01 jeep tj 6 cyl. 5spd manual I'm down here in Florida, so there's not really any rockclimbing going on with me, mostly mud and sand.

I'm thinking that I may just stick with the 33's for now, or at least until they wear out, but they're almost new. With the jeep I have and the 4.56 w/33's... How many RPMs will I be turning at 70? People drive crazy here, I have to keep up.

Troy

Reply to
Troy
2750 RPM @ 70 MPH

JimG

Reply to
JimG

RPM = gear ratio x mph x 336 / tire diameter.

So in your case 3250 RPM without overdrive and then multiply that by the overdrive ratio of the trans. It is usually about .7, so you should be about

2275 RPM

Chris

To be a bit more accurate, the NVG3550 has a 0.78 ratio for 5th and most brands of 33" tires are actually around 32.8" when new. So, with a 4.56 diff, Troy's I6 would be turning 2550 rpm at 70 mph. Right now, with his

4.11 diff, it should turn 2300 rpm @ 70 mph. If he up-sizes to 35s, he'll turn 2400 with 4.56 or 2570 with 4.88 (70 mph).

Steve

c wrote:

Reply to
Steve

Just be sure the Significant Other is not given the opportunity to compare your 6 inches with your Lift Kit's 4, she'll just get confused.

Reply to
Jeff Strickland

bwaha, I have 20" of lift. KH

Reply to