Bestop Bikini Top

Hey guys,

just wondering........I picked up the Bikini top from Bestop and picked up the screw on windshield adapter too.

My question is....can I screw this jig on and still be able to put on the hard top and the full soft top. I did email Bestop about it but they said I couldn't....but sizing up, ROUGHLY, where the plate goes...it looks like it COULD fit.

I did a rough size up with the full soft top on and I swear it could fit. Not sure though, since bestop said otherwise, but I'm not sure I described the plate I had....who knows. :p

thanks

Reply to
SteveBrady

James Gemmill

It'll definitely fit with the soft top. Whether it fits with the hardtop depends on the year TJ. Mine doesn't fit with the hardtop on though it could if I'd take the time to grind it a bit to give more clearance for the hardtop's bigger front clamps. I think it fits ok with both on later model TJs. My TJ is a '97.

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Bransford

ya, forgot to mention I've got an '02 TJ.

It certainly looks like it'll fit with the soft top....will be putting the hard top back on in a couple weeks....so I'll be able to check it then. But in the end I think it sits til next summer.

Actually, I've had the top/doors off more in the last 3weeks than I did all summer....couldn't keep it off long enough during the summer cuz of all the rain that kept poppin up. Sure it's cooler now....but bearable!

sb

Reply to
SteveBrady

I have a 2002 TJ and if fit on with the hardtop. I installed it once and left it on. I do not recommend removing it since the screws will not hold as tight the 2nd time. But if you have a soft top this model is great as well. If you do not have a soft top be prepared to get soaked when it rains. There are 2 huge gaps at each end. I ended up selling this model and getting the no drill model, no rain leaks in! But you can not use it if you have a soft top since the bar attaches into the the slots for the soft top.

Reply to
Snowboardripper

Reply to
twaldron

I never knew about the 'no-drill' adaptor when I bought this top. This adaptor was only $40canadian....so I'm sure the one you have is a bit pricier!

I didn't see that adaptor 'til I was checking around on the Bestop site. Looks cool, but until I get something more secure so far as storage space, I'm reluctant to haul extra hardware.

Reply to
SteveBrady

What's the cost....relative to the Canadian buck!

and

Reply to
SteveBrady

Hmmm, that'd make it about $2,500CN. ;)

I dunno, but it IS a bit more expensive than the > What's the cost....relative to the Canadian buck!

Reply to
twaldron

It doesn't collapse then eh?! Would it fit across the back of the TJ (just inside the tail gate) from one hub to the other?

At some point it'd be nice to remove the top....or can it be left on the wind shield, or does it stick up grossly?!

Bestop

Reply to
SteveBrady

Reply to