Bikini Top Recommendations 04 TJ

hi all, looking for recommendations for bikini top for 04 TJ. considering Bestop...any feedback? thanks

Reply to
TJ Owner

twaldron

I bought the Jeep top. Works great with my 2004 TJ. Bought it on ebay. A good place other than ebay is

Their price is $155 plus shipping.

Reply to
Rick Ankrum

Bestop good...

Reply to
Ichabod Shagnasti

There are 2 Choices

NO Soft top

1)Bestop the Header Bikini no.BES5252515 but you will need Header system no. BES5123501. This makes a tight seal and keeps you dry. No drilling and seals like an soft top.

If you Have a soft top

2) The mopar or bestop standard bikini comes with a rail that you screw into the inside of the jeep. This leaves gaps so when it rains you get soaked. BUT If you have a soft top as well this is the solution since you can leave the bikin top on with the softop. When it rains you put on the soft top and stay dry.
Reply to
Snowboardripper

I have the OEM soft top and a Bestop standard bikini (w/ the rail riveted on the windshield frame). It can let in a bit of water during heavy rains that's for sure. However, I'm not sure how you'd put the soft top up with the bikini on... the clips to connect the front of the soft top to the windshield frame couldn't be fastened unless you cut some holes in the bikini... maybe I'm missing something.

Reply to
Ichabod Shagnasti

I should have said that you would not have to take the rail off as in the other bestop system. "you can leave the bikin top on with the softop" should have read "you can leave the "RAIL For the bikini top on with the softop"

Reply to
Snowboardripper

Reply to
Ichabod Shagnasti