Bestop Giveaway

I was checking out some new seats for the Jeep and signed up for a contest win a fully restored CJ7..

But I have one question for the Jeep Canadian owners... In the rules of the giveaway.. It states the obvious stuff except for this one line... "Canadian residents must answer a mathematical skill question in condition of receiving the prize." Is this standard? I thought it was kind of strange..

Ben

95 YJ 2.5L
Reply to
Ben

There are many places that have weird rules when it comes to lottery and giveaway stuff. It's probably just a formality, and it will just be something stupid like what does 4x4 equal. Yes, I did pick my math question carefully :)

Shawn

Reply to
Endo

Actually, we have the same things on the back of ALL our lottery tickets too (or used to...haven't won anything lately to know!! haha).

I think it's a way to get around some sort of tax thing....you can't give money away...but can reward someone for knowing 1+2x2 is 6!

Reply to
SB
1+2x2 = 6? No way my friend.

Multiplication takes precedence over addition so 1+2x2 = 5 unless you did it this way:

(1+2) x 2 = 6

Bill

Reply to
William Oliveri

Reply to
L.W.(ßill) Hughes III

It doesn't matter Ben, cause I'm going to win that CJ and I'm in the US. Sorry, n.

Reply to
Nathan Otis
5.... Nick
Reply to
Nick N

Reply to
L.W.(ßill) Hughes III

I am in the US also... I just thought it was just strange to have that as a clause.. But that is ok.. I am the one that is going to win it.. :)

Ben

95 YJ 2.5L
Reply to
Ben

Reply to
Jim85CJ

Good job you didn't enter and win the chance to show your skill...... ;-)

Mike

SB wrote:

Reply to
Mike Romain

Dam....maybe that's why I never win anything....

Did ya hear about the Irishman that lost $50 on the football match?! He lost $25 on the game and $25 on the instant replay! :p

anyhow....I actually did win $2500 back at christmas time....the girl at the counter gave me the calculator to figure out the "skill testing question"

Reply to
SB

LOL

Reply to