bought a hardtop today

With all the BS that's been plaguing the group recently, I thought I'd share some good news.

I bought a hardtop for the YJ for $100. It's in pretty good condition - it needs to be painted, needs new struts for the rear window, and there's a small crack near the top passenger side corner of the rear window. All in all, I'm pretty happy with it. Now I can go bikini top all spring, summer, fall, then throw the hardtop on for the winter. I think I'll be donating my soft top to my dad's YJ, as he doesn't have any sort of top at all at the moment.

Reply to
The Merg

Nice score. Keep that ST in the family. Ya never know when ya might need it.

tw

Reply to
twaldron

Storage is a problem. I made some long saw horses, and a shelf that sits on them out of 2x2s and osb. Some people like the hoists that you buy in the catalogs, or build a shelf in their garage. It is important to sit it on something flat and level so that crack doesn't get bigger. If you have the same type I have, that I got with my YJ in 1995, you can patch it if necessary with fiberglass repair materials.

Earle

Reply to
Earle Horton

I once bought a used 1957 XK-140 Jaguar which came with a custom made fiberglass top (and was once owned by Kim Novak, I was told - makes a good story.) Being in the military, I moved, and left the top high in the roof of the rental garage. I completely forgot about it. I sold the car, and only then, in some other state remembered that I did not have the top. Oh, well. I was young and foolish. Now I am old and foolish. At least my Grand Cherokees have "permanent" roofs, so I cannot forget them.

Reply to
Billzz

Real Jeeps don't have no stinkin' tops!

Reply to
billy ray

Reply to
twaldron

Not from the factory. God Bless America, Bill 0|||||||0 mailto: snipped-for-privacy@aol.com

L.W. (Bill) Hughes III

Here are some pictures:

I'm not sure what I'll do about storage yet, it'll probably end up in the attic of the shed (if I can get it up there) because there is little to no room in the garage anymore - too many Jeeps (like that could ever happen...)

Earle Hort>> With all the BS that's been plaguing the group recently, I thought I'd

Reply to
The Merg