CCV system

I was working on my 95 Jeep YJ and I found that there was a little bit of oil in and around my throttle body. I decided that it was time to inspect my pcv valve a little closer. But on going this direction, I found that it does not have a pcv system, it has a ccv system. I also read that there should be some sort of rubber insert in the end of the tube in the valve cover. However, when I pulled the tube and fitting out of the vavle cover, there was no insert, just an open tube. I see no way to keep oil from being sucked into the tube and then into the intake manifold. Am I right about this and should I be concerned that there is possibly something floating around in my valve train, or should there not be anything in the end of the tube? I would appreciate any help. Thanks.

Reply to
big95yj

It is just a tube on any I have seen. The grommet has a metered hole in it that can be cleaned with a paper clip.

Mike

big95yj wrote:

Reply to
Mike Romain

big95yj did pass the time by typing:

Yep

It's an orifice and it's located down in the plastic elbow. You know it is clogged when your air filter grows an oil stain.

A little oil sneaking into the TB is normal, that's why folks have to clean the IAP every now and then to improve idle.

DougW

Here is a good link on it:

Mike

DougW wrote:

Reply to
Mike Romain

Reply to
L.W.( ßill ) Hughes III

breaking down and overhauling the bad boy. Any ideas on stuff to boost HP?

L=2EW. Hughes III (=DFill) wrote:

Reply to
sc00ter

Reply to