Cherokee upgrade

Hi All,

I have a 2000 jeep cherokee sport (not grand) and the trim seems to be fading pretty quickly. I was just curious how hard it is to replace the trim, if at all possible. Also, I was curious about getting a paint job and wonderd if its possible to replace the trim with the trim that is like a limited cherokee. i would like it all to be one color. anyone have any experience with this?

TIA,

rhltechie

Not hard at all. Difference between a sport and Limited or Classic ( I have one ) is the end caps on the bumpers. Sports are textured caps and Limited/Classis's are smooth. Best bet is a junk yard, then have a paint shop mix up enough paint to spray all four caps. The side molding, acording to the service manual is removed with the use of a heat gun and putty knifes. I have seen a brand of restorer for the side molding ( it turns gray from exposure/sun ) at auto parts stores, might wanna try it first. . Your 2000 just needs front and rear bumper caps, your fender flares are I believe the smooth surface.

Mark

Reply to
Mark Diegel

I upgraded my 74 Cherokee today, makes it accelerate a lot better, a huge improvement, and it cost nothing!

Stupendous Man

Isn't that what they call a jitterbug?

I noticed something interesting about your picture "Sidehack 2", (nice looking bike by the way), wonder if you would mind sending me a note with a real address, I've got a question. That's my real address on this message, you can just do a "reply to".

Thanks,

Jeff DeWitt

Stupendous Man wrote:

Jeff DeWitt