Curry bumper suitable for heavy bike rack/bikes?

Hi there, I've been shopping around for a good bumper w/ receiver hitch and have come up empty handed. However, I live near Curry, and they have this bumper:

In the notes, it says "The bumper is not rated for towing but the tow hook may be used for recovery". I have a pretty heavy dual bike rack and some pretty heavy beach cruisers. Would this bumper hold up?

Thanks :) Greg "finagler" Nagel

98 TJ
Reply to
finagler

Have you seen the Olympic Rock Bumpers? I have one (rated for 2000 lbs I believe the manufacturer's site says) and love it. They have 50 and 57 inch models for different models of Jeep:

Reply to
Ichabod Shagnasti

Reply to
L.W.(ßill)

Had one on my 98TJ and towed a sandrail on a trailer with all supporting crap....gas...firewood..ect. Never had a problem. They do not come with a place to hook up safety chains though! You'll have no problems with a bike rack and your beach cruisers.

Reply to
DeepDiver

Thanks DD! I'll look into the other makers, but nothing beats buying direct and not having to wait for someone to order it.

DeepDiver

Reply to
finagler