Reply to
L.W.(Bill) Hughes III

You're being an ass again, Bill.

Reply to
Matt Macchiarolo

Reply to
L.W.(Bill) Hughes III

Thanks! I'm curious how long you think it will last. I have a diesel Jetta that I expect to drive for over 10 years. Based on fuel consumption and price differential here, the engine doesn't pay out for a long time. But if I can buy one vehicle in a 10 year period instead of two, that makes a huge difference especially when inflation is low.

Mark

Reply to
Mark Perrin

Back when the American economy and productivity was the envy of the world we equated smoke with prosperity.

Is it just a coincidence that the economy went down the tubes right after the EPA was established?

I'm not condoning pollution either but just how are they going to install a $300, 25 pound catalytic converter on my weed eater.

Reply to
billy ray

Is that engine a real diesel or is it a lightweight automotive version? Seems like if it's a real diesel the extra cost of the fuel might be more than balanced out by longer life of the engine... it might even last as long as the first 4.0 in my Cherokee!

Jeff DeWitt

snipped-for-privacy@rr.com wrote:

Reply to
Jeff DeWitt

Reply to
L.W.(Bill) Hughes III

You putting in a road somewhere?

Reply to
billy ray

Reply to
L.W.(Bill) Hughes III

Reply to
L.W.(Bill) Hughes III

a big parking lot.

Normally they use ABC stone. (Some call it crusher-run) This place, apparently, has money to burn on the more expensive stone.

Spdloader

Reply to
Spdloader

Reply to
L.W.(Bill) Hughes III

My big truck will start paying off in 18 more payments, when the bastard's paid for, but that's many, many tanks of fuel, tires, a dozen or so belts, four more air filters, 20 gallons of Rotella, two and a half cases of lithium grease, an air ride seat, and another clutch away. Couple more sets of tail lights too probably. Oh, and probably two or three new glad-hands.

I hope.

Spdloader

Reply to
Spdloader

Reply to
L.W.(Bill) Hughes III

Here in NC I think it's running about $2.75 or so a gallon, about 15 cents more than regular gas.

Jeff DeWitt

L.W.(Bill) Hughes III wrote:

Reply to
Jeff DeWitt

You didn't mention a major. ;-) God Bless America, Bill O|||||||O mailto: snipped-for-privacy@aol.com

L.W.(Bill) Hughes III

lol,

Nope, I have a tandem-axle(twin 44,000 rears) rear dump bed "fastback style", set up for asphalt, but I don't do much asphalt, I hate the smell of it, although it pays well.

I do have the "Stay back 200Ft" sign on the rear, but I get about one call a month over a broken or cracked windshield.

Little cars like to tuck up underneath the rear spreader-board when I'm at a stop, or around town. I don't know why they do that.

I haul mostly rock, and various types of dirt. (Sandrock, topsoil, etc.)

I have a small grading business, but when business is slow, I hire out to whomever is paying. Especially in the winter months.

Spdloader

Reply to
Spdloader

true, but at 823,000 miles, it won't be due for another before it's paid for.

....or did I just jinx myself.

Spdloader

Reply to
Spdloader

I paid $2.69 for it here in Thomasville (High Point) yesterday, and today, it's $2.64.

Who knows about tomorrow.

Spdloader

Reply to
Spdloader