Diesel Liberty

Lucky bastard. You must be up there near humboldt where they grow their own herbs.

Kate

:
Reply to
Kate

Bill you're full of bull s---. This is still America (notice still no K).people need vehicles with pulling power and fuel economy. Not powered by these pussy little gasoline engines that waste fuel and don't have the torque to pull a sick dog out of a mud hole. You're entitled to your view but don't try to regulate other peoples rights to own whatever type vehicle that they want by your warped impressions of the "need of the people". Fuel used by light duty vehicles doesn't amount to a hill of beans when compared to that of commercial users.

Dick Selby (Kate's husband)

----- Original Message ----- From: "L.W.(Bill) Hughes III" Newsgroups: rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys Sent: Thursday, April 06, 2006 10:11 PM Subject: Re: Diesel Liberty

"
Reply to
Big Iron

You posting your insurance policy You're just asking for trouble.

: > BILL! : > Have you lost your mind man? : > You need to take that down, and take it down right now. : > Or so help me, I will go out and crash into someone ans give them YOUR : > information.. .what are you tinking????

Reply to
Kate

Reply to
L.W.(Bill) Hughes III

Reply to
L.W.(Bill) Hughes III

lol.......CLASSIC! :-)

Reply to
Nathan W. Collier

mr kates husband, i disagree with bill on the diesel issue. i own 2 oil burners

and their power/mileage is amazing. i believe that diesel is the standard of future transportation. that said, not only is bill a wealth of jeep information and true asset to the technical value of the information shared in this group, hes just damn entertaining to read. if you take offense to what bill may say, its because you dont know bill.

Reply to
Nathan W. Collier

Reply to
L.W.(Bill) Hughes III

LOL! I always thought of myself as Dick's wife.... this sheds a whole new light on things!

Kate

Reply to
Kate

Arghhh You make me crazy soemtimes.

: > You posting your insurance policy : > You're just asking for trouble.

Reply to
Kate

Remember the time I posted my W2? The year I made three million dollars?

;^)

Earle

***
Reply to
Earle Horton

At least he got a "persistancy discount". Bill is persistant Hey, I bought a Mitsubishi 2 cyl 750cc diesel engine from the UCSD auction. Maybe I'll put it in a Goldwing frame.

Reply to
Stupendous Man

Reply to
L.W.(Bill) Hughes III

I think you should! Give ol Bill one more thing to gripe about.

Reply to
Kate

DANG Earl! Here I thought you wuz po folk like the rest of us!

: > Kate wrote: : > >

: > > You posting your insurance policy : > > You're just asking for trouble. : : : *** Free account sponsored by SecureIX.com *** : *** Encrypt your Internet usage with a free VPN account from

***

Reply to
Kate

I am putting a supercharged two-stroke diesel on my moped. Top that.

Well, I could; you can get solid rocket boosters for them. My concern about that was, "what happens when the rocket comes loose from its mounts, and flies up your ass".

JK about the blown 2T diesel moped. Not about the moped rockets, though. I have seen pics, and might post one if I get bored enough.

Aren't those diesel engines used for ski lifts and other crap like that? They are enormous and heavy, that much I know.

And now for something completely different

Reply to
Wound Up

Better wear your brown pants for the maiden ride:^)

Seahag

Reply to
Seahag

Reply to
L.W.(Bill) Hughes III

It could be, I know this one is used in small tractors and rated at 16 HP. Got it for $51. Reminds me of a Monty Python skit. "been shopping?" "It's an internal combustion engine. It was on sale". Probably hook it to a generator

Reply to
Stupendous Man

You guys crack me up! I haven't really been lurking here lately since I'm between Jeeps, but I pop in and think, hmmm... "Diesel Liberty", i bet THAT'S an enteraining thread! It always was back in the day, LOL! And here you guys are with the endless thread.

Carry on! (If only we could harness this energy... hmmm... the "Diesel Liberty" perpetual motion machine, I can just see the headlines!)

-jeff

in article snipped-for-privacy@cox.net, L.W.(Bill) Hughes III at snipped-for-privacy@cox.net wrote on 4/7/06 9:01 PM:

Reply to
Jeff Olsen