Handgun storage in a TJ?

COLLIDE13 did pass the time by typing:

That's kinda hard to do if you need to go into a bank or federal building where you can not legally carry a concealed weapon.

Reply to
DougW

I refuse to hold myself responsible for the crimes of another. Particularly when I am only trying to comply with laws which don't allow me to carry my weapon in certain places. There are plenty of weapons "on the street" as it is. Mine won't make any difference, other than to me when I have to replace it.

---------------------------------------------------- Del Rawlins- del@_kills_spammers_rawlinsbrothers.org Remove _kills_spammers_ to reply via email. Unofficial Bearhawk FAQ website:

Del Rawlins

I understand that, but that's not always possible. There are places I simply cannot legally carry (talking felony here) and other places i won't carry as a courtesy (my friends house, who is anti-gun), etc.

Then, I need to be able to store it with reasonable security.

If someone is in my Jeep with a drill and a slaphammer (what's that?) then I'd be hosed I guess. But your argument could be made against ANY gun storage. I have a $1000 gun safe at home but any REAL crook could get into it in half an hour and then there'd be a bunch more guns "on the street"...

-jeff

Reply to
Handywired

Reply to
L.W.(ßill)

I don't think that's the case.

Reply to
COLLIDE13

The sort of person who would steal a gun is not exactly a scrupulous person.If you avail a fire arm to him you should assume some accountability.

Reply to
COLLIDE13

Most Burglars are not intelligent enough to get into any safe.Car thieves are a dime a dozen. If they have your car,they have all day to get into a Tuffy box or whatever you might think is reasonable.

Reply to
COLLIDE13

If they have your car, they can use it to run people down. Better keep it locked in your garage at home when you are not actually driving it. If you need to go to work or the store, get off your lazy ass and walk.

---------------------------------------------------- Del Rawlins- del@_kills_spammers_rawlinsbrothers.org Remove _kills_spammers_ to reply via email. Unofficial Bearhawk FAQ website:

Del Rawlins

You are an idiot. If somebody forcibly breaks into my vehicle and steals my property, I have not availed him of a damn thing. He stole and damaged my property and I am the victim. I am no more responsible for evil acts subsequently committed using my gun than I would be if somebody breaks into my garage, steals my chainsaw, and uses it to dismember somebody.

More to the point, if you do not feel that a firearm can be adequately secured inside a vehicle, what do you suggest as an alternative? Are you saying that people who can legally carry firearms should break the law by carrying them when they have to go into banks, parent/teacher conferences at school, or any of the number of places where CCW is not allowed? That the risk of a crook getting another gun outweighs the need to obey such laws?

Or are you, as I suspect, saying that nobody should carry guns, and that they should be kept locked up at home where they can do their owners no good at all in an emergency situation? If you are opposed to the right of self defense you should come right out and say so, instead of hiding like a coward behind the cloak of gun safety.

---------------------------------------------------- Del Rawlins- del@_kills_spammers_rawlinsbrothers.org Remove _kills_spammers_ to reply via email. Unofficial Bearhawk FAQ website:

Del Rawlins

.. while burglars have all day to do do your home safe when you are at work..

Just think of all of the Molotov cocktails they could be making with the petrol in your car as well !

Reply to
Dave Milne

L.W.(ßill) Hughes III wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@cox.net:

Great. So now a thief KNOWS there are guns worth stealing at your house.

Reply to
Barry Bean

"You are an idiot." You could have stopped right there.

Reply to
Jo

Reply to
L.W.(ßill)

Reply to
L.W.(ßill)

meet the S&W model 500

"With its 8-3/8-in. barrel, the overall length of the Model 500 is 15 in. and the empty weight is 4.5 pounds. The cylinder alone is almost 2 in. in diameter and approaches 2.25 in. in length. Thumb the cylinder open and five charge holes await. Each is 1/2 in. in diameter, and the .50-cal. cartridges they hold are almost 2 in. long. Load five of them and the total weight of the handgun climbs to 5 pounds."

Dave Milne

L.W.(ßill)

My favorite is one I saw a few years ago:

"This house protected by Smith and Wesson 3 nights a week. You guess which 3."

---------------------------------------------------- Del Rawlins- del@_kills_spammers_rawlinsbrothers.org Remove _kills_spammers_ to reply via email. Unofficial Bearhawk FAQ website:

Del Rawlins

Pshaw. Try the BFR on for size: