Handgun storage in a TJ?

No such thing as middle ground. Once there, it becomes one extreme and the middle has moved on.

Reply to
Matt Osborn

hi joseph, you dont have much experience with assault weapons do you? neither an m-16 or an ak-47 would do anywhere near as much damage to a deer as common hunting rounds would. you appear to be local since we share the same ISP. im in fayetteville.....drop me a note sometime and ill send you my address. we'll set up a few watermelons and shoot them first with my ar15 (civilian version of the m16), my sks (basically a civilian ak47), and then we'll shoot a few with my 30-06 or my 7mm bolt action hunting rifles. when you see the difference youll realize that the only thing "wrong" with assault weapons is that they "look scary" to people who are ignorant to the basic physics behind the ammunition they shoot.

Reply to
Nathan W. Collier

Reply to
L.W.(ßill)

......well i was trying to be "nice" about it, but i agree with you. :-)

Reply to
Nathan W. Collier

And they vary from town to town. Here in aouthern Nevada, there are serious legal differences between areas under LVMPD (the city of Las Vegas including unincorporated Clark County) and the City of North Las Vegas. You can be legal in the LVMPD jurisdiction, and take one step into NLV and be illiegal.

LVMPD = Las Vegas Metro Police Dept

. . . . . . . . . . . Remove the "four you" in my email to reply.

Reply to
CR

That is only because the facts do not support their agenda.

---------------------------------------------------- Del Rawlins- del@_kills_spammers_rawlinsbrothers.org Remove _kills_spammers_ to reply via email. Unofficial Bearhawk FAQ website:

Del Rawlins

Ignoring the fact that such an action is physically impossible, totally ilegal, and would be condemned by the overwhelming majority of hunters and gun owners, the fight over banning guns has nothing to do with hunting. Sporting issues are simply a wedge that the antis uses to divide gun owners so that they can dismantle our rights in detail. The M-16 and AK-47 are precisely the type of arms that our constitution recognizes our right to own. Although I'd personally prefer an M-14 or FAL. 8^)

---------------------------------------------------- Del Rawlins- del@_kills_spammers_rawlinsbrothers.org Remove _kills_spammers_ to reply via email. Unofficial Bearhawk FAQ website:

Del Rawlins

That is a fact of the second amendment debate. The opposition wishes to steal our property and our liberty. There can be no compromising with such people.

---------------------------------------------------- Del Rawlins- del@_kills_spammers_rawlinsbrothers.org Remove _kills_spammers_ to reply via email. Unofficial Bearhawk FAQ website:

Del Rawlins

Same can be said about diehard conservatives, too...

  • * * Matt Macchiarolo
    "We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty." -Edward R. Murrow
Reply to
Matt Macchiarolo

Here's some gasoline....

It was commented on how one side won't compromise....does this mean you would? find the middle ground that is.....

Just w> > Extremists in all forms are bad..the ppl that say "Ban Guns for our

Reply to
SB

there is no middle ground. the 2nd ammendment is clear and non-conditional.

Reply to
Nathan W. Collier

I thought I made that pretty clear in my other post. There can be no compromise with the anti gun activists, because they offer nothing that we want in exchange for giving up our constitutionally recognized freedoms.

---------------------------------------------------- Del Rawlins- del@_kills_spammers_rawlinsbrothers.org Remove _kills_spammers_ to reply via email. Unofficial Bearhawk FAQ website:

Del Rawlins

Reply to
L.W.(ßill)

Outlaw firearms and there will be some of us law-abiding citizens who BECOME outlaws. I have a few of those "evil-looking" commie guns with bayonets (SKS). If for some reason the gov't ever decides they want them, they WILL have all been sold...most were legally obtained from private sales so there's little way for the gungrabbers to find out I have them anyway.

As for hunting...most of us with "evil" firearms don't hunt with them. A few will use the SKS for close-range brush guns. The range of most isn't that great with any accuracy (Yeah, I know you CAN make the AR pretty accurate with mods), and the stopping power isn't good enough for most big game at any distance more than about 100 yds. They are however, lots of fun for plinking and close-range target practice. The main reason a lot of us own and shoot "evil" rifles is the ammo is cheap and the rifles are less expensive. I can buy a thousand rounds of 7.62x39 ammo for less than itcosts for a couple of hundred rounds of most traditional hunting rifle calibers.

The really sad part of this is that anti-gunners have so brainwashed the general population that our "evil" rifles are only good for crime. I wish anyone reading this would check the facts. So-called semi-automatic "assault weapons" are used in so few gun-realted crimes that they are statistically insignificant. Teh gungrabbers don't want you to know this, but fully automatic, TRUE military-type assault weapons haven't been LEGALLY available for sale to the general population since the 1930's.

Most legal full-auto firearms are in the hands of a few collectors who are federally-licensed and CLOSELY monitored. When they are sold, they sell for many thousands of dollars and are only transferred to another similarly-liscensed owner. However, the criminal isn't bound by the law, so making an ILLEGAL full-auto assault weapon isn't all that difficult and is pretty cheap. Even so, they are VERY rarely used in any crimes. Why punish the deeds of a very limited few criminals by trying to take away MY rights as a LAW-ABIDING citizen protected by the 2nd Amendment.

RB

Reply to
Russ B

That sounds about right. One of these:

---------------------------------------------------- Del Rawlins- del@_kills_spammers_rawlinsbrothers.org Remove _kills_spammers_ to reply via email. Unofficial Bearhawk FAQ website:

Del Rawlins

"SB" wrote in news:JT_bc.28645$RfJ.13367 @twister01.bloor.is.net.cable.rogers.com:

Well, lessee... The 2nd Amendment guarantees every citizen the uninfringed right to keep and bear arms. So the starting point for pro-gunners is that by rights, any citizen should be able to buy and carry any gun they want anywhere they want.

But we have gun registration, required permits, bans on certain weapons, waiting periods, strict limits on the ability to buy or sell guns, and laws that can make simply having a gun in your posession a felony.

So I'd say that under the current situation, pro-gunners have compromised plenty. And when we argue for legal concealed carry, or to lift gun control laws that have had no proven effect on crime, we're still compromising, because we are FAR short of what the constitution guarantees us.

Reply to
Barry Bean

Reply to
L.W.(ßill)

Abso-STINKIN-lutely!

Reply to
Charlie

Hey Nathan, I am not talking about caliber here, just RPM....blow a hole in a deer if you want, but why do you have to cut in half???? At that point, though, I guess the would be no need to dress it...just let it rot.

Reply to
Joseph P

Oh, and by the way, I am an expert with the M-16...got the ribbon to prove it, along with the associated military badges, uniforms, and work hours. Thanks for the bleeding heart liberal crap Bill, I appreciate it. I will send you a wink next time I am in Saudi Arabia working on F-15Es.

Reply to
Joseph P