Leaf spring centering pins

WHen I did my 2.5 RE lift on my YJ I added shims to the rear. The shims had holes in them. When you add shims do you need to use longer leaf centering pins so the pins go through the shim and into the spring plate?

I going higher soon and want to insure I install the new springs and shims correctly.

Reply to
ufatbastehd

Yes you need that pin to tag the plate. I have seen spring packs move out of place.

Mike

Mike Romain

Reply to
L.W.( ßill ) Hughes III

Thanks Guys

Reply to
ufatbastehd

Ufatbastehd:

Rubicon Express should have sent a set of center pins with the new springs. If not, give them a call. They sell 5/16" and 3/8" sets that are longer than needed and you cut off the excess after the install:

Or you might be able to find them at a local suspension shop.

Terry

92YJ RE1455s front & rear

Terry Jeffrey