Info on Dixco tachs? Hurst Owners?

Come on you old hot rodders.....

Anybody have any good info on Dixco hood mount tachs?

I'm interested in a replacement for one that looks identical to this one (minus the ford logo)

I believe based on looking at some pictures (I don't have access to my dads Hurst right now) that these were the tachs used by AMC in the hoodscoops of the Hurst Jeepsters. I realize we can have ours restored, but just looking for info in general or any kind of reproduction version made by someone else. Just bored at work this afternoon and curious.

See bottom of page for hood tachs

Or any Hurst owners able to confirm the brand of tach used?

Another style of Dixco tach

Kevin Sperle

L.W.(ßill)

Guess they figured the Hurst Jeepsters would'nt need to go all the way to

10,000 RPM

That Dauntless V-6 was quite the high performance rodding engine though!

Reply to
Kevin Sperle