Jeep Grand Cherokee headlights

Low Bid.

They only have to last the length of the warranty. To the OEM suppliers a win win situation is their part lasts through the warranty period and fails the following day.

Reply to
Billy Ray

Will Honea

The walls, closing in... Well, the people here are friendly enough, and it sure is interesting, but now I know why we have sprawl in the U. S. I don't know about you guys, but I just have to have my own yard.

Earle

Reply to
Earle Horton

Troy proclaimed:

You can buy plastic polishing compounds. Problem is that if this is the plastic lens, the thing tends to darken all the way thru. As bad as an old Japanese Roadster window.

The only ones that polish well are the class, which can be done with toothpaste, paste wax, Bon Ami, etc.

Haven't heard any results of anyone replacing them with the J C Whitney alledged exact replacements.

Reply to
Lon

Reply to
L.W.( ßill ) Hughes III

Reply to
L.W.( ßill ) Hughes III

Lon did pass the time by typing:

I'll contribute a bit here.

Watch out for the units imported by Crown Automotive. They are commonly the "cheap OEM alternative, etc" but are _not_ factory. I replaced one headlamp with a unit and about a year later ripped it out and replaced it with an OEM unit from buymopar.

If you need lampst to last a couple of years then they should be fine, but if you want to actually fix the problem watch what you buy.

Reply to
DougW

For perspective, have a resident of Tokyo explain their philosophy. I've know several quite wealthy and influential Japanese men who retired, sold the big mansion (didn't need it anymore) and moved to very modest houses. Their requirement was to have some sort of lawn/garden and high walls to isolate themselves from the neighbors just a matter of feet away. They all claimed that the isolation was required to keep that many people in that small a space civilized. Think I'll go contemplate my puny quarter acre a bit...

I'm with > The walls, closing in... Well, the people here are friendly enough, and it

Reply to
Will Honea

Reply to
L.W.( ßill ) Hughes III

It is terrible what those pilot whales did to those poor fishies.

Perhaps we should have the Japs kill and eat all the whales.

Reply to
Billy Ray

Reply to
L.W.( ßill ) Hughes III

They just showed a special on Orcas over the weekend.

Reply to
Billy Ray

: European cities are very much like prison, even worse than L.A. or Boston. : This place is not so bad. It has open country around it, mountains near by, : and is not far from the ocean. There is even hunting. I don't know what : they are hunting, maybe pigeons. Perhaps Fidelio could shed some light : here. They don't have sprawl like we have. They have apartment building : sprawl, which takes up less space. Once you get inside the city limits : though, you are for sure in prison.

I often thought of traveling to Europe, but have always been a little leery of it. This doesn't help a bit.

Kate

: > Earle Horton wrote: : > >

: > > Haven't seen anything like that. I have seen quite a few of these : though. : > >

: > >

: > > I saw a Ford Excursion last month. There are even motor homes. I think : > > that the most annoying thing, are the motor scooters, that sound like a : > > chain saw in the middle of the night. I could do without that. There : may : > > be more Jeep Grand Cherokees over here, than in the States. Not all of : them : > > are diesel, either. With gasoline over $1.50 a liter, how does that : work? : > >

: > > I haven't driven much since I came here. I did drive from Madrid to the : > > Basque Country, when I first came. I think now, that one of the reasons : I : > > came here, besides the Spanish courses, are the trains. You can take a : > > train, almost anywhere. My son in law, who learned to drive in France, : says : > > that he is afraid to drive in the cities here. I have tried it, and I : > > agree. I think that once I get done with school, I am going to rent a : car, : > > and drive to Galicia or maybe Portugal. The worst part is the exchange : > > rate. When my daughter was here, a Euro was worth about $0.80. Now : it's at : > > $1.25. On the bright side, this means that you don't see many American : > > tourists. : > >

: > > Earle : > >

: > > > Earle Horton wrote: : > > > >

: > > > > When was that? They have real headlights now, 12 volt electric and : > > > > everything. :-) : > > > >

: > > > > Earle : : :

Reply to
KJ.Kate

BAD idea! Scotchbrite WILL scratch glass too. You can use 0000 steel wool on glass witout hurting it providing you don't grind into it. It works on chrome too. Scotch brites will scratch both.

: If they're plastic, get some Brasso or Meguiars plastic polish.

Meguiars products are great (or Brasso) and a buffer may help. The cloudiness is common in many makes and models. Here is a view into one way to resolve the issue.

I miss the good old days when they were glass. On the Mustangs it is just as easy to replace them as to polish them out. Look on Ebay for your year and model number, you may be surprised.

KJK

Reply to
KJ.Kate

Reply to
L.W.( ßill ) Hughes III

Thompson Contenders make polite neighbors...

L.W.(ßill) Hughes III proclaimed:

Reply to
Lon

You don't have Great Whites down there? And occasionally they get an annoying surfer, who tend to look much like sea lions when in paddle mode, from below.

L.W.(ßill) Hughes III proclaimed:

Reply to
Lon

I take it you're kidding. We lived in Europe for seven years. A trip down the Rhine, or a ride through Switzerland, or a week in Tuscany are experiences not found in the new world.

Reply to
Billzz

Reply to
L.W.( ßill ) Hughes III

--snippy--

Prehistoric peoples, probably our ancestors or closely related, put their dead, and belongings to take with them to the other world, under the dolmens. We don't really know much about the people who put them together. Whatever these people believed, they must have felt pretty strongly about it, to move rocks like that around. I suppose I could teach Spanish, or write for one of the bilingual publications around Colorado, or just travel some more. You get treated different, when you don't try to speak English to everyone. The bad part is that after two words of Spanish, they assume you are fluent. That is why it is good to know "Despacio, repita por favor."

--snippy--

Not to worry. For the first two weeks you will be too busy looking at museums, sampling the local food, looking at the sights, to realize that big cities don't just look like prisons, they are prisons. As a tourist, it is time to go to the next city when that happens. Go on a guided tour, like the ones where they ferry tourists up to Silverton on buses and the train. Buy souvenirs, stay in hotels, eat in restaurants. You will have a good time. Or talk to your travel agent about "turismo rural" like they have in Spain. Work on a farm in Galicia, and pay for the privilege. Or go to Athens, look at the Parthenon, and pretend that it is all good. Seen the news from France?

Earle

Reply to
Earle Horton