More on the New Jeep Top

On Mon, 29 Dec 2003 01:12:20 GMT, "Joe" shared the following:

Nothing, really. I was just shocked at the amount of what I considered to be whining over a spam post and said so and was promptly told that I'd never be a Jeeper and that if I didn't like the charter I could leave, etc, etc. I chose to not tuck my tail between my legs and instead made it clear that I think the whole thing became one big joke. Unfortunately nobody's laughing.

-- Travis

unto others. Then split.Happy trails!!! :wq!

Reply to
travis

I hear ya Travis. Speak your mind in here, or ask a question and you get Laurel and Hardy Jeeper coming up with all kinds of insults and other self-righteous crap, especially if they don't like what you have to say, what you drive, or what mods you plan on doing to your ride. Like somone else posted here, there are many other places to get Jeep information and tips without putting up with the likes of those two.

Chris

Throw in a few obligatory Liberty jokes next time.

Reply to
L0nD0t.$t0we11

Reply to
L.W.(ßill)

On Mon, 29 Dec 2003 13:27:00 -0800, L.W.(ßill) Hughes III shared the following:

Sorry to see you go, Bill.

-- Travis

unto others. Then split.Happy trails!!! :wq!

Reply to
travis

Reply to
twaldron

you were "surprised" that many here actually adhere to the charter that established this newgroup, and expect others to do the same?

no, you werent. drop the victim crap already, nobody said a word to you until you started name calling.

recognizing and respecting the charter of the newsgroup is not tucking your tail between your legs. but if you need to make an ass of yourself to the very people that helped you the most to prove your worth as a man then i guess you can pat yourself on the back for a job well done.

you think thats by coincidence? most newsgroups are a waste of time anymore. this one actually contains useful information because its jeepers helping jeepers and most jeepers here appreciate the worth of this group. when you first came in here with 1000 questions you saw first hand how great this group can be. you were welcomed graciously and given the best advice you could get anywhere. now that youve paid those same people back by calling them whiners for defending the charter of the newsgroup, i look forward to seeing how willing the group (collectively) is to help you the next time you have a problem.

i had hoped you would have at least rethought things by now. that you continue to defend your actions and now seemingly consider yourself a martyr of sorts says it all. good luck with your convertible top travis.

Reply to
Nathan Collier

On Mon, 29 Dec 2003 22:24:18 GMT, "Nathan Collier" shared the following: It's clear you've made up your mind about me, Mr Collier. You're sensitive enough to not let it go after having been called a whiner. So be it. Killfile me because I'm not going anywhere until I'm ready to, and I haven't changed my mind about considering you to be a whiner. I've also made up my mind about you an do not require or desire any input from you to any of my posts. Clear enough? Good. Let's move on.

-- Travis

unto others. Then split.Happy trails!!! :wq!

Reply to
travis

actually i had you figured out from your juvenile "jeep-killer" stuff. i gave you the benefit of the doubt because of your enthusiasm for jeeping.

heh.....ive nothing to let go travis. if anything your ridiculous self imposed martyr status "aw, they were mean to me" stuff is pretty pitiful at this point.

i dont care where you go or dont go, just dont expect a free ride.

lol.....good travis. and with each post you solidify your position here. :-)

Reply to
Nathan Collier

On Tue, 30 Dec 2003 01:15:16 GMT, "Nathan Collier" shared the following:

Damn, dude. Get help. In the meantime I'm gonna do the best thing I can to deal with your whining. You guessed it, little guy. :-) *plonk*

-- Travis

unto others. Then split.Happy trails!!! :wq!

Reply to
travis

TRANSLATION --> "i have no response"

Reply to
Nathan Collier

Wow, this has gone WAY OT...

I do the same thing. Use hotmail for just about everything that could get me spam. Here I use my cox address (or I assume that is what shows -- using Outlook Express newsgroup thingy). Besides, I move a lot (some of us get to move!) and change ISPs every time I do as one usually isn't available everywhere I go (cable/DSL).

Eric

Reply to
Eric

"Unfortunately nobody's laughing."

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

Better?

;-)

Eric

Reply to
Eric

Reply to
L.W.(ßill)

Hey Nathan, remember when everyone was giving me sh** for going after Jo** Nels*n? And you were the voice of reason, the peacekeeper, telling me to let it go?

Now that you understand the urge to keep responding, I hope you can see that now is the time to accept my holiday gift to you: your own advice, right back at ya, bro!;-)

Reply to
Cal Wheeler

On Mon, 29 Dec 2003 21:35:31 -0600, "Eric" shared the following:

Tough newsgroup. :-)

-- Travis

unto others. Then split.Happy trails!!! :wq!

Reply to
travis

Travis, like it or not, you are the one that is out of line.

Mike

Mike Romain

You might read that twice, travis. Mike very rarely gets into the fray.

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERY> Travis, like it or not, you are the one that is out of line.

Reply to
twaldron

On Tue, 30 Dec 2003 14:24:52 GMT, twaldron shared the following:

Well, I guess everyone's entitled to their opinion. I should have never called anyone here a whiner and have just kept my opinion to myself, but it seems y'all are sure having a tough time letting it go. It's obvious to me that popular opinion of me around here is low and I don't need the grief and uncomfortable situation any more than y'all do. I apologize for my post and won't bother this group any more. Like someone else said there are other Jeep forums online. I'll see if I can find one where I can run off at the mouth from time to time without being branded for it. Have fun on the trails.

-- Travis

unto others. Then split.Happy trails!!! :wq!

Reply to
travis

Travis, there are several asses on this forum that whine all the time and feel they must always be the center of attention. It's ok for them to whine incessantly about Jeep and "real Jeeps" but let someone else whine a little and they're all over them. But as you say, there are plenty of good Jeep forums around.... jeepforum.com, jeepaholics, jeepunlimited.com (for the most part), quadratec.com, ilovejeeps.com, etc. It's certainly no longer the fun forum (BIG difference there, it truly used to be a fun/friendly place to hang out it) it used to be and most of the old timers have moved on. Only the cranky ones have stayed put to post in semi-massive quantities.

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Bransford