novice question on getting a stuck vehicle out

have lots of meat (of course this can consist of chicken, beef, pork, or shrimp). Who can resist this classic appetizer; or light lunch served with a fresh salad? Versatility is probably this recipe?s greatest virtue, as one can use the best part of a prime, rare, yearling, or the morticians occasional horror: a small miracle stopped short by a drunk driver, or the innocent victim of a drive-by shooting...

2 cups finely chopped very young human flesh 1 cup shredded cabbage 1 cup bean sprouts 5 sprigs green onion, finely chopped 5 cloves minced garlic 4-6 ounces bamboo shoots Sherry chicken broth oil for deep frying (1 gallon) Salt pepper soy & teriyaki minced ginger, etc. 1 tablespoon cornstarch dissolved in a little cold water 1 egg beaten

Make the stuffing: Marinate the flesh in a mixture of soy and teriyaki sauces then stir fry in hot oil for till brown - about 1 minute, remove. Stir-fry the vegetables. Put the meat back into the wok and adjust the seasoning. De-glaze with sherry, cooking off the alcohol. Add broth (optional) cook a few more minutes. Add the cornstarch, cook a few minutes till thick, then place the stuffing into a colander and cool; 2 hours Wrap the rolls: Place 3 tablespoons of stuffing in the wrap, roll tightly - corner nearest you first, fold 2 side corners in, wrap

Reply to
Jeff Strickland

My experience with using a libby to unstick something:

By the way, Liberty's are rated to 5,000lbs towing. I have had that TJ you see there on a lowboy trailor for a 100mi haul. The Liberty handeled it wonderfuly. Over the years I have trailered many vehicles, usually pulled by a full sized p.u. and the Libby is just as good as anything for pulling something. They also work great for dragging the occasional dead cow off down into the woods when the tractor is konked-out.

Reply to
jcwelch

Where was that photo taken?

Tom

Reply to
mabar

Out behind my Mom's house. See:

There is a creek that cuts a 40 acre pasture into two parts. The last time we had someone out there doing dozer work I had him cut a ford from one side of the creek to the other so that we would not have to go out to the road and drive around to the other side of pasture to check on the cows. Of course the cows go back and forth and erosion set in and now it is a nice Jeep trap.

The wrangler was doing something like this when I missed the line, slipped a deep rut and planted the frame.

If someone has 40 meg of spare web-space I can put up the rest of the set of movies. One day we went back there with the Wrangler and the Liberty and played 'follow the leader' while filming the whole thing. My ISP only gives me 10 meg of webspace and I was only able to get one of the files up.

Reply to
jcwelch

Cool. It looked like an area I was in in PA.

Tom

Reply to
mabar

From what I can see, cars have "tie down loops" - suitable for tying the car to a transporter truck, but not really suitable for towing them with.

Dave Milne

Reply to
Dave Milne

Reply to
twaldron

Reply to
L.W.(ßill) Hughes III

I would have no problem using them to get a car out of a snow bank. They would not be good for dragging a car up from the bottom of a ravine, but they should be fine to get it unstuck from a crub or out of the ditch on the side of the road.

Reply to
Jeff Strickland

BTW, My BMW comes with one of those that I can screw into the bumper. It is specifically intended to get the car out of the snow or off of a curb. It would be good for any thing more strenuous though.

Reply to
Jeff Strickland