Reply to
L.W.(Bill) Hughes III

Yep, this would be considered fair use.

Reply to
Matt Macchiarolo

Say hi to the Prez when you get there.

Reply to
Matt Macchiarolo

That's what the dogs and pups are doing from the neighbors place across the road. We used to have a few deer out in our back field, turkeys too, but these dogs are running them off.

I keep asking hubs to go talk to the guy but he just doesn't seem to want to.

: > Not sure what a pack of hounds are doing in : > the field in January. Deer season is way over : > by then. I can see maybe one or two, who got lost : > and was never found. but a pack running at deer : > after deer season is not right and should be shot on sight. : > Something amiss here. Good deer dogs are not normally left abandoned : >

: > But then it's all moot as the MNR can't get enough hunters to cull : > the deer herd in Southern Ontario. They're like pests now, too many of them. : >

: > Mike Romain wrote: : > > I saw hounds gutting deer around the north boundary to Bon Echo Park, : > > north of Kingston the first week of January this year. It 'sure' looked : > > like the hounds brought him down. : > >

: > > Mike : > >

: > > FrankW wrote: : > >

: > >>Hi Mike. : > >>You can only use hounds to hunt deer and bear. : > >>They can never outrun or catch up to a deer or bear. : > >>Now wild dogs like a shepard...etc : > >>They can do alot of damage to the deer herd. : > >>FYI. Wolf hunting season is all year long in Ontario. : > >>In some counties/townships they even have a bounty on them. : > >>

: > >>Mike Romain wrote: : > >>

: > >>

: > >>>It was legal where I grew up... Not where I live now, they train dogs : > >>>to run deer here..... : > >>>

: > >>>Mike : > >>>86/00 CJ7 Laredo, 33x9.5 BFG Muds, 'glass nose to tail in '00 : > >>>88 Cherokee 235 BFG AT's : > >>>Canadian Off Road Trips Photos: Non members can still view! : > >>>Jan/06

Reply to
Kate

: > Kate : : Oh, I know he can, when a person has strong convictions, they are usually : made stronger by such "lambasting". : : I just wonder why people are arguing over opinions and someone's right to : their own. : You can almost never change someone else's opinion. : : Spdloader

I'm thinking it has something to do with the phase of the moon. It's the only logical explanation I can come up with.

Your opinion may differ ;¬D

Kate :

Reply to
Kate

"Earle Horton" wrote to: : "Spdloader" who wrote : >

: Your opinions and experiences have some value, but there is such a thing as : "not seeing the forest for the trees". This is where I place Nathan, his : wolf poacher buddies, your Bosnia experiences, and people that were in : Vietnam. You don't know everything, just because "You were there". In : fact, "Because you were on the ground", you lack objectivity, that people : who have studied things from a distance will have.

Earle.... were you in either place? Bosnia, or Viet Nam ? Ever served in the military?

: You could also say that I can't judge Nathan's experiences fairly, because I : don't follow him around every day, every minute, and this point of view has : some value too. But Montana is a lot like Colorado, and Nathan has been a : volatile, expressive little fellow, hasn't he? The guy, is just typical, of : what you see on reality shows. No, I am not attacking him merely because : his opinion is different from mine. I am attacking him because he is : intolerant, and stupid, and he cannot abide the notion, that there are : different opinions from his. And because he chooses to make such a public : spectable of himself. He's asking for it. And because he **always** takes : things out of context, and denies it when you try to pin him down on any : issue. If you want to be taken seriously in life, then you don't act like : Nathan.

Here is a perfect example of a pot and a kettle duking it out, each saying the other is blacker than he is.

It might be a good idea if the two of you agreed to disagree.

Reply to
Kate

I do the same thing. Anything I have, software, games whatever. That way if the copy gets scuffed I have backup. Unfortunately these days so many will not function after being coiped. It prevents pirating, sure, but it kinda puts a crimp in things too.

So, I made a point of learning how to remove scratches from CDs and I'm pretty doggone good at it too.

Kate

Reply to
Kate

Is there a cache there? :

Reply to
Kate

"Nathan W. Collier" wrote : : um, i did several posts up. i was out earning a living and couldnt respond : every 5 minutes. :

I saw it.

Kate

Reply to
Kate

This is all YOUR fault, you called me pink first and just look at what you started.

Bet you never thought it would morph like it did... I know *I* didn't .

*grin*

Kate

Reply to
Kate

They're GUYS Bill... they can't use that excuse.

: > I'm thinking it has something to do with the phase of the moon. : > It's the only logical explanation I can come up with. : >

: > Your opinion may differ ;¬D : >

: > Kate : > :

Reply to
Kate

Reply to
L.W.(Bill) Hughes III

I consider it like any other piece of data that might ever get lost -- back it up... Actually, I do two backups on DVDs... First backup goes from the original double layer DVD to the HD via DVD Decrypter, removing the copy protection, region restrictions, and such... The HD version goes to 2 DVD data discs that are single layer... I then use DVD Shrink to go from the HD files to a single single layer DVD which is then used in the various players...

CDs on the other hand have been ripped to one of my HDs in wav format, not mp3... I then convert it from wav to whatever format is necessary (mp3, wmv, etc) for the device upon which I'm going to play it... If it's for my cars, then I'll just pick and choose various songs from various albums and burn a regular audio CD since none of the cars have MP3 players in them... These days though, I'm more likely to just put them in a portable MP3 player and wear mini headphones...

I've lost the use of a couple of CDs due to moves... They would come out of the jewel case or whatever and get scratched... That is what prompted me to back them all up to HD in wav format...

Reply to
Grumman-581

Where? In Hell, CA?

Reply to
Grumman-581

it is when thats the _only_ experience you have on any given topic! that you would think you know more than someone who had first hand experience because you read a book shows severe arrogance. please continue to talk, the more you say the more you strengthen my position.

lol......by losing? :-)

Reply to
Nathan W. Collier

I am responding to this because I can't believe my judge of character is this poor.

No one is faulting your stance on abortion. In this country, you have that right. However, you are confusing your stance on abortion with encouraging and condoning acts of terrorism. Separate the two, it is crystal clear. You are letting your emotions cloud your judgement. It is your flawed logic, rationalizations, and actions, or lack thereof, that concern me. This is the mental deficiency that extremists share and ultimately nourish. If you condone acts of terrorism, you are a terrorist. If you knowingly allow a terrorist act to take place, you are a terrorist. Extremists in this country that blow up buildings, possibly murdering occupants, are not excercising freedom of speech. They are terrorists. It is black and white. Timothy McVeigh was a terrorist. Eric Rudolph is a terrorist. The issue of abortion has NOTHING to do with justifying acts of terrorism.

tw _____________________________________________________________________

2003 TJ Rubicon * 2001 XJ Sport * 1971 Bill Stroppe Baja Bronco

"There is a very fine line between 'hobby' and 'mental illness'."

Pronunciation: 'jEp Function: noun Date: 1940

Etymology: from g. p. (G= 'Government' P= '80 >>I used to think of you as a level headed guy. The fact that you are posting

Reply to
twaldron

The point I am making, is that being in Vietnam, for example, does not automatically make you an expert on what happened there, and why. I have talked to people who were there, many of them, and I have read books, which some people here discount as a source of knowledge, and I helped pay for Bosnia. This is why we have a society, so that we can share knowledge, and maybe synthesize what the truth is. That is why we have courts now, instead of lynch mobs, and taking the word of the first person who comes along, claiming to be a witness.

The argument that "I was there", and therefore my opinion outweighs everyone else's, is not a valid one, for the reason that all observers, no matter how intimately involved, are human.

I think we already do that. I am just trying to teach Nathan how to argue properly.

Earle

Reply to
Earle Horton

to me there is no greater disgrace then killing a child. i do not encourage ANYONE to blow up anything......but when i hear of an abortion clinic being destroyed, i smile inside. its just how i feel, and you cant help your feelings. this isnt the same as participating or inciting others to peform these acts.

Reply to
Nathan W. Collier

I know it. It all started with a friendly safety reminder.

Spdloader

Reply to
Spdloader

Nathan W. Collier wrote: " i dunno what to tell you. i would never do such a thing, but i wouldnt do anything to stop those who would."

'nuff said.

2003 TJ Rubicon * 2001 XJ Sport * 1971 Bill Stroppe Baja Bronco

"There is a very fine line between 'hobby' and 'mental illness'."

Pronunciation: 'jEp Function: noun Date: 1940

Etymology: from g. p. (G= 'Government' P= '80 inch wheelbase') A small general-purpose motor vehicle with 80" wheelbase, 1/4-ton capacity and four-wheel drive used by the U.S. army in World War II. _____________________________________________________________________

Nathan W. Collier wrote:

Reply to
twaldron